PDA

View Full Version : I've got an EOS for the day

Ben
02-07-2007, 11:37 AM
its a 3.2 petrol, DSG, red leather, SAT NAV, dark grey paint. The roof and boot are broken because the numpty that used it last put the roof down and bent all the operating rods as they had something too big in the boot. It also has the IPOD dock. ( i don't have an ipod )

It doesn't have cruise or the fancy computer. I've borrowed it from Listers Stratford.

Will update with photos.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/golfmk5gttdi/02072007213.jpghttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/golfmk5gttdi/02072007215.jpghttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/golfmk5gttdi/02072007216.jpg

Eshrules
02-07-2007, 12:24 PM
i thought the DSG was a manual dual clutch box? hmm

and 3 guesses as to where that would be, 3.2 of auto power, brand new eos on courtesy to me.....

wheres the nearest abandoned runway :p

Ben
02-07-2007, 01:05 PM
yep, its very nice. it's 6 speed auto and when you knock the stick over its tiptronic. It also has the flappy paddle gear levers on the steering wheel.

Ben
02-07-2007, 08:09 PM

and 3 guesses as to where that would be, 3.2 of auto power, brand new eos on courtesy to me.....

Tell you what esh, Its the same engine thats in the R32 but as this only has drive through the front wheels, they have the dsg on so as to control the power put down.

Sport mode is interesting, on a dry road (empty), floor it and it'll change from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd and i think 3rd to 4th with the rev needle in the red each time. the red begins at 6000.

Kick down - was traveling along in normal drive 40 mph about 13 - 1400 rpm 6th gear. floor it and kick down puts it straight in to 2nd gear.

the flappy paddle are good too.

Ben
02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Having said all this, its good fun for the day, but i prefer the way my 2.0 gt tdi accelerates.

I also thought there was a bit too much wind noise. This is the 1st time i've been in a convertable.

prolfe
02-07-2007, 09:22 PM

Nah, all auto's. I drove a MK5 Golf GT TDI 170 DSG and thought that the gearbox was great whilst accelerating. I thought that it might be a bit of handful in traffic though. You can't dump the clutch and coast. It was not as smooth as a manual in traffic. Sort of an on and off situation. The A3 DSG has launch control which would be excellent i'm sure. But the extra cost was not worth it in the end. 6 speed manual for me.

prolfe
02-07-2007, 09:28 PM
its a 3.2 petrol, DSG, red leather, SAT NAV, dark grey pain. The roof and boot are broken because the numpty that used it last put the roof down and bent all the operating rods as they had something too big in the boot. It also has the IPOD dock. ( i don't have an ipod )

It doesn't have cruise or the fancy computer. I've borrowed it from Listers Stratford.

Will update with photos.

My dad has had an A4 1.9 Tdi Sport 130, he then merged with another company and his company car allowance only allowed him to get a Saab 1.9TDi Vector despite my pleadings that it was a vectra but with more dashboard buttons.

He's just about to change it.

He could choose:

Saab Convertble Tdi
Eos
A4 Cabro TDi

Now I would go for the Eos for the hard top senario, but the A4 oozes class.

He however is blown away by the buttons on the saab, aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh I just can't win. He even wants it in that horrible metallic lime green. eeek

so my question is, how was the eos? how does it compare to other cabros for noise etc?

Ben
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
so my question is, how was the eos? how does it compare to other cabros for noise etc?

Unfortunately, i'm unqualified to answer this. I've not had the experience to compare.

This has to be opened up to the Eos folk to answer as i'm sure they'll have tried the other hard tops. renault, peugeot, ford and vauxhall all do hard tops don't they?

I could fill afew saturdays and waste some salesmans time going on test drives with no intension of buying.:D