PDA

View Full Version : Voice regcognition

john-mandy
17-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone,
Its been a while since i posted, but i still drop in daily.

Heres my problem, i,ve decided to ditch blutooth for the generation 2 handset module in the armrest, everything works fine, a much better reception, no problems.
But i,ve started getting into filling up the phonebook through my voice activation, and its becoming a chore, i,ve managed a few entries, but i,m having continued problems with the number 2, it thinks i,m saying number 4.
I,ve managed 3 entries, but i needed to distort my voice for imput.

Now the question, is there any setting i can use through the set-up, to if you like reactivate the number selection, for example, if the voice states 2 and i repeat 2, it would know what i,m saying.
Hope this makes sense.

john

damonA4-2.5tdi
29-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Where are you from :)

A4 Lad
29-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Its a bloody bolllocks of an idea ! Like any other voice activated anything. You need to speak " how - now - brown cow "
I also tried a few entries and then gave up as the neighbours were starting to wonder why my face was turning red and I was shouting to myself in my car !!!!

damonA4-2.5tdi
29-03-2011, 10:43 PM
I was gonna say how long were you shouting at her , has anyone given her a name? :)

john-mandy
29-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Where are you from :)
ystrad mynach, and no i havn,t tried getting that into the voice regcognition lol

john

Splash
30-03-2011, 10:12 AM
My kids fall into fits of hysterics when she makes a mistake and you have to put on your "posh" voice. It then makes it impossible because of the laughter.

Also, when my radar detector chirps in the middle of saying a number she takes that as a "#" (dependent on what wavelength the detector has received), and occasionally puts in a string of about 8 random characters...

SteveSmythe
30-03-2011, 07:35 PM
It doesn't help that there is an error in the manual on page 172. Where it says (at the end of the list of instructions for storing names) "Say the command STORE". It should actually say "STORE NAME". That had me fooled for quite a while!

a8 tech
30-03-2011, 08:09 PM
hahahahahah

I once fooled it to bark

DougJohnSmith
31-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Elocution lessons perhaps?

El Guapo
31-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I had a near miss once and while swearing at the other driver I must have hit the button on the steering wheel as the lady said 'pardon' just as a swore! The other half thought it was funny! I have never had much problem with the voice recognition though. :D

A4 Lad
31-03-2011, 06:17 PM
I have never had much problem with the voice recognition though. :D

You must be awfully well spoken lol

a8 tech
31-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Elocution lessons perhaps?
I'm broad northern:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: