PDA

View Full Version : Question best finish

willwad82
17-02-2011, 06:47 PM
can any1 tell me the secret of getting the deapest shine from solid black paint. everytime i go mad on the car as soon as i finish i see another car that outshines mine. could do with a few pointers on products and a step by step guide any help welcome.

Will

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

itsonlyme
19-02-2011, 02:52 PM
You say your car is solid black I presume it is a solid black basecoat and clearcoat,a simple test with a cutting polish will determime this ,rub a small amount of polish on a panel with a clean cloth if it comes off clean its a clear over base if it comes of black its a direct gloss colour.
Start by washing and drying as normal then use a paint cleaner to prepare the paint for the polishing stage using a good quality polish then use a good a wax finishing off with a gloss sealant be prepared to spend a couple of days to do this and you will see the shine you want,once you have it as you want it is a lot easier to keep it like that with a wash and quick polish.:D

belfastmark
20-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi
If it was me doing it, I would do as follows.
Wash, clay, wash and dry
Polish with something like super resin, glaze with Poorboys black hole and finish with a concours wax, or any good quality wax.
Stand back and admire.
I guess from the date of your post, you have done her already ? If so, what did you use and how did you get on ??

prod1
25-07-2011, 06:10 PM
If your looking for a pin sharp finish a lot will depend on the condition of the cars bodywork, but assuming its in excellent condition then a sealant is the way to go, try Nanolex or Wolfs, generally a wax will give you a deep soft luxurious finish where a sealant will give you a sharper some would say colder finish, for a solid black I would recommend Swissvax Best Of Show or Dodojuce's Purple Haze, also a sealant will show up any imperfection in the paint especially black.

If you let me know what condition the paint is in, and how much you want to spend, I'll give some advice on what I think you should use.

You can wax over a sealant but NOT visa versa

willwad82
31-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Sorry guys not on here too much tbh but just checked in. I am going for the full 3 stage polish with wet sanding in areas and spot pad use.
Gonna go with megs 105 and 205 and then use the blackfires range. I have seen cars that have been done with this stuff and its good.
My LSP of choice is definately BOS. I will put my results in the showroom in september when it is all done.

Crasher
31-07-2011, 02:08 PM
3M Imperial Hand Glaze tops off any dark coloured car after waxing especially deep reds and black.