PDA

View Full Version : Audi A5 2.0 TFSI 2010 remap.

Jtomo
17-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Has anyone got any experience of installing and running a remap on an Audi A5? Have you had any dealer issues overwriting the map? Any running or engine issues?

Is it worth it???

Aptuning
18-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Has anyone got any experience of installing and running a remap on an Audi A5? Have you had any dealer issues overwriting the map? Any running or engine issues?

Is it worth it???

Firstly it's certainly worth doing as it makes the car how it should be. I would strongly suggest going top your local dealer and having any updates available for your car put on BEFORE you get a remap. One thing to remember is that on PETROL TURBO'S you wont be seeing any MPG gains. Most tuners can gain approx 40bhp and 80Nm torque but if your wanting real power then it is possible to get alot more.

Jtomo
18-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the advise, unfortunately I have found out that my car has a protected ecu and that the only way to have this remapped is to take the box out, open it up and reprogram. There is a significant risk that Audi will over right the remap when the vehicle is serviced and therefore the whole process starts again!

So.......what about a tuning box? Any experience here? Any recommendations?

Jon

FlashRemapping
28-02-2011, 11:28 PM
To be honest I would only fit a tuning box on a common rail diesel engine
That in my opinion is the only reliable place they should go

I guess your a5 is post march 2010 as this is when tuning protection was introduced by those nasty boys at bosch and it will not be cracked the only way is BDM ( ecu out ) not a big deal though for a decent tuner

mumphead
06-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the advise, unfortunately I have found out that my car has a protected ecu and that the only way to have this remapped is to take the box out, open it up and reprogram. There is a significant risk that Audi will over right the remap when the vehicle is serviced and therefore the whole process starts again!

So.......what about a tuning box? Any experience here? Any recommendations?

Jon
I was told that my car had a tuning protected ECU when I tried to re-map it with a superchips bluefin device recently. It's a 2L TFSI 2010 A3. I had to return the bluefin for a refund. I was told it had the latest version of the Bosch MED17 software installed.

I took it to the local REVO dealer and he re-mapped it via the OBD11 port without any problems. I was told that it would be 50/50 if it would remap or not but if it failed they would be able to rewrite the original for me.

The REVO dealer also told me that if the dealer writes over my map in a service they will remap it for me free of charge.

There was a free before and after rolling road and I saw BHP at the wheels go from 170 to 200. Torque went from 229 to 299.

Im very happy with the results.

streetfighter-r
26-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Sounds like Revo has cracked the security? Excellent, now I just need to find someone who can offer me this cheaper than the listed £500...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk