PDA

View Full Version : Any help please with dash

theexey
17-02-2011, 05:01 PM
HI

any help would be appreciated please. my colour dis , mileage display and clock have stopped working. theres nothing, not even the ambiant light when the lights are on. the speedo, rev counter and warning lights all work fine though. does anyone have any ideas what it might be....

thanks

kodkod.84
17-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Fuse perhaps- or maybe bulbs blown

theexey
17-02-2011, 06:33 PM
hi
ive checked all the fuses inside the car, there all o.k...

thanks

a8 tech
17-02-2011, 08:04 PM
remove the dash fuse's and wait 10 seconds then re fit and report back

theexey
17-02-2011, 09:42 PM
hi
i took out fuses 5, then 12, then 15(instrument cluster) in turn. i did this with the ignition off. its still the same, though when i put fuse 15 back in the instrument ambiant lighting around the speedo and rev counter flickered and it made a few clicking sounds. but its still the same...
thanks

a8 tech
17-02-2011, 09:46 PM
If all the other instruments illuminate like the heater vents then the 58s feed is ok and the dash is likely tp be shot

If you have vcds then go to address 17 and run the output test for segment and illumination

if the dash still refuses to play then its looking grim

stewartholt
23-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Hi, I have a simular issues with my bora, its a 130 tdi 2004, the the speedo and rev counter blue lights seem to do what they want, when there on they will dim but its just when they feel like coming on,

All other elcs and light work fine!!!!!

Might try a new switch or dimmer?

Good luck.

keemaklan
24-02-2011, 12:04 AM
When my Audi A3 8L dash went, all the lights would flicker like a christmas tree on and off and non of my gauges were working. I sent it off to BBA-REMAN and for around £160 (i put an offer in for £160 on their ebay add) they fixed it and sent it back to me within a short amount of time. Excellent service and they fixed it perfectly. If they can't fix it they only charge a £30 inspection charge.

stewartholt
24-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Hi, Many thanks for your reply, should have added that all guages still work 100% its just the blue lights

Many thanks

theexey
03-03-2011, 09:17 AM
hi
ive had the car at my brothers work (vw dealers) they ran a test on the instrument cluster. the clock display & mileage came on but the dis screen just flickered...
anyway i sent the cluster to bba-reman for repair, they have rang me to say there is no fault with it. it was put on the test bench and worked fine!!
anyway they are sending it back and have given me a full refund( very nice of them). i can only think its a loose connector/frayed wire somewhere...(though i have got my fingers crossed it'll work fine when i re-fit it..
thanks again for the help