PDA

View Full Version : It will be lonely!!!!

The Fingers
17-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Still not seen one on the road

mine is due for delivery in about 4 - 6 weeks. I think i may be billy no mates and talking to myself alot in the B7 area!!!!!

Anyone else ordered or have one?

g-black
17-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Not ordering one but seen quite a few knocking about already! From the outside I think they look spot on. The chrome strips being lower down the body work make it look lower and it gets rid of the chrome grill, which I'm stating to think looks a little cheap!

The Fingers
17-02-2011, 03:13 PM
They are as rare as '**** on fish' round here still, i have been to the local dealer to have a look at an SE which i have on order albeit a different colour. It looked well in the metallic bronzy colour!!

First impressions are it looks great and coming out of a 08 (57) b6 se there does seem to be a lot of improvements, completely new seats (old se seats are too flat), more toys (auto lights, high line comp, flat tire dooda, MF wheel etc etc) outside seems improved also, although i am still unsure about the whole rear end, but i dont see that bit much!!!

Love the new front end i think the new grill detail looks dappa on the passat. Esspecially as they all seem to have DRL's where the fogs go even with no fogs fitted, although they do seem almost orange??

I have managed to get some images on t'internet of a white SE there is one for sale on auto trader and me likeee!!

cant wait now, back into a manual this time, three years with a DSG and i find them a little boring and undecided, but that may be down to my DSG being mated to a 140 PD the power delivery is meant to be a lot better on the DSG / CR's.

Lets hope VW / Lease co stick to their word of a mid to end of march delivery. it is a standard order with no extra's so it should come out of group stock assuming there is some stock that is.

I will do a mini review once i have got it, although when i got me B6 i did about 2500 in the first week, i couldn't stop driving it with a smile!!

RicardoA4Sline
18-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Seen a couple of dealer ones about look nice, an ex work colleague is waiting on his estate being delivered sometime

Motorway
18-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Saw an Estate last Sunday on the A55 near Rhyl, looked good although it was dirty and it was also raining hard so it was just a quick look.

i will be updating later this year, most likely another SE with a few extras. hopefully june/july time

Mal
19-02-2011, 11:50 PM
We are invited to the 'Launch' of the b7 on the 24th at Lookers Faverdale Darlington, some guy is also demonstrating cooking! I don't know what cars have got to do with cooking,
Unless thats how you charm the wife so you can spend the money.:beerchug:
Bottle of beer or a glass of wine would be better, most wives Drive!

b6 SEL 170tdi getup and Go- , Fogs, Multifunction steering wheel. ----- Wife's:-Polo Bluemotion, what a car! No tax, £156 Insurance, 59mpg around town.......

The Fingers
23-02-2011, 12:41 PM
well its been confirmed as due into dealership week 11 and will be delivered to me week 12 (wc 21st March):banana::banana::banana:

Does that now mean that the car should be in transport as we speak as we are in week 8 at the moment?

reddb990
23-02-2011, 04:23 PM
New 1.6tdi SE Estate in Blue with Tinted Windows and Climate due for delivery next week.........

Brydo666
27-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Seen a couple of them kicking about now, no estates though and all in silver.

Nice enough car, though having just bought my high spec B6 I'll not be changing for a few years yet!

walker77
08-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I am trying hard to get one but my company keeps telling me that the 140 Sport Saloon is outwith my £450 a month lease allowance.:(

Does anyone know of current delivery timescales from order?

Previous lease car was a 320d and when I test drove the 140 SE I was very impressed with how quiet it was in the cabin.

The Fingers
09-03-2011, 10:20 AM
I am trying hard to get one but my company keeps telling me that the 140 Sport Saloon is outwith my £450 a month lease allowance.:(

Does anyone know of current delivery timescales from order?

Previous lease car was a 320d and when I test drove the 140 SE I was very impressed with how quiet it was in the cabin.

At over 450 a month it would have to have lots of extra's as my 140 se saloon standard colour no extra's, 3 years (75000) servicing / tyres etc is only about £380 plus VAT, but we have friends in the leasing game.

Delivery is about 10 - 12 weeks (mine ordered early Jan / confirmed registration number YESTERDAY) delivery VERY SOON!!

dorset passat
09-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Morning, new to the forum, collecting my B7 estate next week, coming to vw from land rover so hoping to enjoy a massive saving in fuel bills!! Getting an ex demo in island grey with loads of extras, cant wait.:beerchug:

D4D
12-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi,
My B7 saloon was ordered 2nd/3rd week of Jan so should be here end of march beginning of april.

I got the 140 2.0d Sport in night blue, anyone seen that colour in the "flesh" ? it looked good on the web ;).

I was looking at the Audi A4 2.0d 140 Teknik saloon, I had decided built in sat nav was key (after 6 years it was nice get rid of the mounts and cables etc) after i borrowed one over the weekend. But by the time I went to place the order the offer had finished and the price went up, a lot ! Which left me in an A4 SE, nice car but limited toys...

...Right next door is the VW dealer, literally as I walked out the door a VW Passat B7 saloon rolled up, so I took that for the weekend. To be honest it's much bigger and quieter with a better driving position that the A4, the interior quality is as good as well. Funny thing is I never would have plumped for a VW as it isn't a "prestige" marque, guess I've been missing out. I've never owned a VW but I have colleagues/friends who do, I hear generally good things, looking forward to a few years behind the wheel :)

One thing you might be able to help me with, I've ordered the car stock (apart from paint) has anyone got a link to pics of the sports seats in the stock fabric ? (I baulked at paying £1.3K for the leather !) many thanks :)

daveo138
15-03-2011, 02:19 AM
My B6 has been a huge diappointment after my B5, so I will be looking for something else when a replacement is due!

walker77
15-03-2011, 11:18 AM
At over 450 a month it would have to have lots of extra's as my 140 se saloon standard colour no extra's, 3 years (75000) servicing / tyres etc is only about £380 plus VAT, but we have friends in the leasing game.

Delivery is about 10 - 12 weeks (mine ordered early Jan / confirmed registration number YESTERDAY) delivery VERY SOON!!

Thanks for the info on your lease.

I think there must be a mistake in the way my company are calculating/passing on the VAT on the lease/maintenance costs. (I've made my point to them in a subtle manner at the moment - but I'm losing patience with them)

I've got a quote myself for a 170 Sport with £1500 options for £434/month inc VAT, yet my company are telling me that a 140 SE with these options is more than £450/month.

With any luck it will get resolved this week and I can get myself on the waiting list!