PDA

View Full Version : Please Help FAULT_ABS light, brake light, no indicators

PapaLarge
17-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi
2004 1.9tdi (130bhp)

Have have woke up this moring to no speedo reading, ABS light and brake light also indicators not working on the stick but work on the hazard warning button plus a beeping sound from them the dash board, heater not switch on also cd player.:mad:

but other that that car drives fine!

Rang Seat Huddersfield whom said it could be something to do with the abs sensor that could have failed and knocked other stuff out with it

Any ideas what this could be or has anyboading gone through this same experience

Thaks in Advance!

kite
17-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Scan for faults.

KeithOT
17-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Scan for faults.
For faults like this you just got to scan only way I'm afraid!

PapaLarge
17-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks, I have been to a auto electrictian today whom scanned the car, but found that the abs sensor has NO COMMUNICATION which leads him to think that their is a problem with a live wire or a relay switch,quite confident that he can fix it

Booked in for Monday morning!

Let's c!

KeithOT
18-02-2011, 10:26 PM
There is an ABS sensor on each hub they can & do fail or did he mean the ABS ECU ? They can also have problems but our Bammas are prone to wiring breakage hopefully that is all the problem is.

PapaLarge
21-02-2011, 09:10 PM
UPDATE-- Just picked up my vechile from auto electrictian evry thing is back to normal now. Turns out that the problem was fuse box attached to the battery had a bad earth on it with caused the fuse boss burn out.

Fixed by replacing fuse box and replacing the earth lead to the alternator and stater motor. hopfully this will last for long time now...

Thanks for the advice!!:biglaugh:

Great Central
24-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Also had a similar problem with No 3 fuse (5amp) blowing - it turned out to be a burnt out air conditioning sensor situated above the drivers wheel arch.