PDA

View Full Version : New Tyres, what a difference

sks109
16-02-2011, 09:20 AM
A personal choice I know but, have just ditched the old conti`s for a set of Dunlop Sportmax. What a difference, I know the old tyres were worn but these are so much better in the wet than the old ones were even when new. They seem to straight line and hug the road better and are a lot quieter. Certainly won`t be going back to conti`s, just hope these last longer as the old ones only managed 12k on the front.

ilercom1
16-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I have a pair of goodyears on the front, they are better than the contis too

mattsophie
25-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Had Dunlop SportMaxx TT tyres on a Lexus IS220D I had the misfortune of running for 9 months last year before my CC arrived and was the only thing that impressed me about it......they lasted 20K on the driven wheels.
Buoyed by this and your comments I'm getting a set put on tomorrow morning after getting less than 12K out of the original Conti's.

CC170GT, Autumn Brown, Truffle leather, Xenons, Panoramic roof, Ambient lighting, MDI, Heated screen

Criterian
02-03-2011, 05:53 PM
I got the fronts & rear wheels swapped at the 10k Service interval, as the fronts were quite worn. Now at 13k and I got a puncture in one of the worn rear tyres so decided to change both rears for the Dunlop Maxx TT's based on the comments here (I should get another couple of months out of the Conti's still on the front, and therefore spread the cost a bit ).

Dunlop's were only about £10 each cheaper (£149 each vs £159 for the Conti's), but will save me a lot more money in the long run if they last longer.

Guy at the garage did say that the Conti's have a special seal that copes better with puntures than the Dunlop's would, but I said if the Dunlop's last longer as I am led to believe, then I was quite happy to take that risk.

If I can get anywhere near 20k out of the Dunlop's (swapping fronts to rear at service intervals - will have Dunlop's on the front as well by then of course), then I should have saved the cost of another set of Conti's! Quids in!We will see how they go.

Critters!