PDA

View Full Version : oil leak

WEEARETHEPEOPLE
01-07-2007, 06:13 PM
ive got a 1995 t4 1.9 diesel ive only had it a few weeks but its got a bad oil leak and i cant find where it is coming from is there any common seals that goes on these engines

thanks for any help
stevie

scoobystu
02-07-2007, 04:06 PM
My 2000 2.5 has had a persistent oil leak for a wee while now. Hopefully being fixed today. Initially was diagnosed as a burst inner CV boot but it turned out to be a burst drive shaft oil seal.

Is the oil running down the drive shaft and onto the inside of the wheel? If so then there is a chance it is gearbox related. If not it must be the sump.

The problem with trying to find the leak is the protective tray under the engine which will divert the leak. Best way to find it is to remove the tray.

WEEARETHEPEOPLE
02-07-2007, 06:07 PM
ive just cleaned the engine and ran it and it looks like its coming from half way up the engine not sure where but its runnin down and onto the oil filter it could possibly be comin from rocker cover not sure but hopefully ill find out tonight wen i go to my mates with it ive also found that 1 of the injectors is leakin so thats mibby how its been going through so much diesel

cheers
stevie

ps where in scotland you from mate

scoobystu
03-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Hopefully you will be able to narrow it down. The hard bit might be fixing it!

I am in Ayrshire.

WEEARETHEPEOPLE
03-07-2007, 05:12 PM
sorted the diesel leak now just put a weld on the injector and it looks like the oil leak is coming from the sump so a new sump gasket and hopefully that will be it sorted

where in ayrshire you from mate im from irvine

cheers
stevie

scoobystu
04-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Small world, I live in Ayr but work in Irvine.

WEEARETHEPEOPLE
04-07-2007, 03:35 PM
aye small world mate
wat do you drive ive got a t4 and a splitty

scoobystu
05-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Just bought a T4 a few months ago from the 'Vans Only No Vat' place in Hurlford. I knew it needed a few wee repairs but as usual it was a lot more than I anticipated.

Seems to be going OK now and it's MOT'd and Taxed for a year. Bought it to stick my bike in.

Are you converting your T4 to a camper? Is the splitty a camper?

WEEARETHEPEOPLE
05-07-2007, 03:05 PM
my t4 is already a kinda camper its got caravelle seats in it which turn into a bed im takin it 2 t in the park this weekend

yes my splitty is a camper its blue and white mibby ull have seen it about irvine

if you need anything for your t4 let me know my mate has not long broke 1 and has a load of stuff for sale

scoobystu
05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Well at least it won't leak if it rains! :beerchug:

What colour is your mates T4? Can't think of anyhting I desperately need for my van but I'm sure something will break soon enough. What year and model is it?

WEEARETHEPEOPLE
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
the t4 he broke was white it was a 1.9d thats about all i really know about it if you need anything you can let me know

theres quite a few of my mates got t4s now we use them so we can keep
our splittys in good nick and we just use them for shows

are you plannin on puttin a campin interior in your t4

WEEARETHEPEOPLE
05-08-2007, 02:22 PM
alright mate how you gettin on with you t4 im breakin a t4 caravelle if your needin any parts

cheers
stevie

scoobystu
06-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Wouldn't mind a look if you still have a lot of stuff for it.

WEEARETHEPEOPLE
08-08-2007, 01:51 PM
ur more than welcome for a look ive got all seats left and doors and loads of other bits and bobs wat kida stuff you looking for

cheers
stevie