PDA

View Full Version : Creaking Arm rest

bambamjj
14-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Hello all

I retro fitted the Audi Genuine armrest to my A4 last June, i do a few miles and do use the arm rest, but it really creaks and it is driving me mad, any one else suffered this if so can it be cured.

Just got rid of hidden rattle from under ashtray and realised how quiet the Audi is... but now im tunign in to arm rest... am i expecting to much.... probably

Ben
14-02-2011, 08:44 PM
My retro fitted one is silent. Does the noise come from the pivot or the mounting bolt or where the plastic of the arm rest meets the plastic of the centre console?. Could you have over or under tightened the mounting bolts?

bambamjj
14-02-2011, 09:15 PM
It seems to come from body itself, just wondering if i should silicone spray the hinge lid..., does not seem to come from mounting.

darich
14-02-2011, 09:34 PM
One tip I got a while back if two pieces of trim are rubbing then one way to solve it is to polish the rubbing parts. If you can't separate the two pieces then at least let them rub together silently.

My armrest is also silent....it was fitted when I bought the car so no ida if it was fitted in the factory or retro fitted by a previous owner.

bambamjj
14-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks all, will try a bit of silicone spray around contact areas, see if that helps

bambamjj
15-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Once again thnaks all, silicone spray lubricant appears to have done the job. Nice and quiet... :biglaugh: Except the glove box creaks :mad: