PDA

View Full Version : Help, A4 brought from US needs to be adapted to EU market

Rlaquidain
14-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Hello,
I am new in this forum,
I just brought and A4 2.0 quattro from USA and I am not allowed to drive it here in Spain due to the color of the rear flashers. This car uses the same bulb for the night lights, brake lights and flashers.
Currently my car is in an Audi dealership but it seems like they are not going to help. They said they have tried to connect but they cannot do it, it is need it a code from Audi Germany.
Do you anybody how can modify the light configurations?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Ardy
14-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Im sure someone with more solid info will reply but in the mean time,

I would start by contacting Audi Spain directly and asking them to arrange for the code to be available for you at a dealership if possible? This must have happened before and they should know the solution. Im sure the dealership your car is with now should be doing that anyway?

Sorry cant be more helpful! - hope a solution comes up

ScottyUK
14-02-2011, 09:15 PM
I know that some guys are working on this right now to see what can be done i.e. mount a amber indicator and then code via VCDS but currently they're a way off.

There is a module that you can buy but I don't know where from. The guy who's doing this lost hist father on Friday so I'm giving him some space.

Hopefully they'll be news in a week or two.

a8 tech
14-02-2011, 09:23 PM
It can be done via vcds or svm after changing the lights if required and j393

I have converted a uk to spain vehicle for the dash and front lights but I replaced the dash and the light units then simply coded them

I suggest they alter the long codes or connect a spain spec car to svm server and send request change convenience control unit, then when the returning code change is sent connect your car and the code changes should enter your control unit in theory

or simply read the long code from a spanish car and enter into the us spec to see what changes then adjust each byte till its correct, if the p/n changes for the j393 for spain then replace j393 and revert back to my earlier suggestion of fooling the server into coding for a Spanish vehicle

simples

if possible send a long code from address 46 and 09 to the forum of the us and a spanish model

Rlaquidain
15-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I have already requested that information to Audi, but they have told me that they can no do it (So the do NOT want to do it.)

Rlaquidain
15-02-2011, 08:04 PM
a8tech,
I am sorry but I am not familiar with the system so if I explain that to the tech who will try this up, will be enough?
Thank you very much for the info.

Rlaquidain
15-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I know that some guys are working on this right now to see what can be done i.e. mount a amber indicator and then code via VCDS but currently they're a way off.

There is a module that you can buy but I don't know where from. The guy who's doing this lost hist father on Friday so I'm giving him some space.

Hopefully they'll be news in a week or two.

I am sorry for his father,
I am looking forward to hear something about that module; I am really willing to buy it.