PDA

View Full Version : System failure

Chappers
13-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Ive got a laptop which is running Vista (yuk), anyway i shut it down and it said 'install update and shutdown' so i allowed it to do this. next time it was turned on it fired up to a blank screen and then said something like the updates have caused a critical error. I managed to follow the instructions to get it to go back to a rstore point and all is now ok and its working. I have turned the auto updates off.

Anyone got any ideas what happened, should i try and run the updates again, i hate computers :aargh4:

cheers, Chappers :beerchug:

Y90USF
13-02-2011, 12:37 PM
It probably missed a loop in the update cycle,

Before you try it again back up any important information as it could be the signs off your hard drive on its way out. If you are looking to upgrade to win 7 then pm me I may be able to help you out if you know what I mean :-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eshrules
13-02-2011, 12:46 PM
ditch vista, move to win7 - if your computer can't handle win7, roll back to XP - the best windows operating system (IMHO) ever.

Guest 2
13-02-2011, 12:50 PM
ditch vista, move to win7 - if your computer can't handle win7, roll back to XP - the best windows operating system (IMHO) ever.

+1 for XP. When I bought my Dell laptop it came with Windows 7. Intsalled Xp and been fine ever since. Had a couple of problems with drivers but they were easily sorted.

Chappers
13-02-2011, 02:10 PM
That was gonna be my next question, should i upgrade to Windows 7, ive got a tower my daughter uses with XP and i always thought it was great. So should i upgrade to 7 or go back to XP, and if so which version of 7

cheers guys

Guest 2
13-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't have a problem with 7 but I find XP a more easy to use OS. If you are downgrading to XP, do some research into drivers for your hardware as some newer pc's don't have support for XP and the likes.

Linux is always an option but it's completely different from a Microsoft OS.

Or you could just buy a Mac! ;)

Y90USF
13-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I have upgraded all my systems to win 7 and not had a problem with it, I can get you a copy of 7 with genuine key :-) try it see how you get on and if not successful il send you the xp too and you can use that :-) what make is your tower? I could get you all your drivers too

Chappers
13-02-2011, 03:17 PM
I have upgraded all my systems to win 7 and not had a problem with it, I can get you a copy of 7 with genuine key :-) try it see how you get on and if not successful il send you the xp too and you can use that :-) what make is your tower? I could get you all your drivers too

Cheers, how much will 7 cost ?
my laptop is an Acer Aspire 6530
AMD Turionx2 dual core mobile RM-70 2.00GHz
4GB Ram
32 bit OS

cheers, Chappers

Y90USF
13-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Ur a forum member so no charge I shall burn them onto a cd and the drivers for win 7 and xp and post them out to you if you pm me your address :-)

stuart
13-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Do the words "GENUINE" "COPYRITE" "PIRATE COPIES" *BAN FROM SITE FOR SELLING/ADVERTISING THEM" mean anything????????

Read the rules... DO NOT ADVERTISE ILLEGAL SOFTWARE ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. We have a very strong policy regarding any form of copyright , so, by joining and using this site, you agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. This includes all links to people selling copies or using the site to advertise there use, of, VAG COM, VAG CAN COMMANDER, ETKA, ETOS, ELSA, or ELSAWin, or anyother item, software, or publication. These publications are all copyright of the VAG Group or the respective owners. We also reserve the right to remove any pictures uploaded to the site, that are taken from any of the publications mentioned above. This does not mean that Legal versions of manuals, products or software are not available. This also applies to any other form of published or recorded works, we will not allow any form of piracy to be advertised, or allow the posting of any method to enable you to create pirate copies of the same. These will be removed without explanation and the user removed from the site database!