PDA

View Full Version : A7 vs A8 with pics

Architex_mA8tey
12-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Hey all :D
I post regularly on the A8 parts forum but thought I would share with you my recent test drive and report on the new A7 3.0 tdi quattro
Take a look here (http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2559) and let me know what you think. There are something like 170 pics linked to in the album at http://gallery.me.com/architex#100105 so plenty to take in.
For the record I loved this car and hope to order one soon for sept/oct delivery

Guest 2
12-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I love the A7, I really want one but the OH wont allow me :(

Do you have the original hi-res photos?

Good pics!

Architex_mA8tey
12-02-2011, 08:41 PM
I love the A7, I really want one but the OH wont allow me :(

Do you have the original hi-res photos?

Good pics!

Thanks, yes sure do have the hi res versions - pm me if you're looking for something particular!

Guest 2
12-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks, yes sure do have the hi res versions - pm me if you're looking for something particular!

Thanks and I'll have a closer look and let you know! Maybe some good pics will change wifeys mind ... Time will tell! ;)

shabazmo
13-02-2011, 05:49 PM
What an excellent set of pics. You need to work for Audi. when I was trying to decide what spec to buy for my A7, the dealerships were very vague as to what the various option could do and how they would work. I guess training had not been fully implemented on 23 Dec when I took the plunge. Knowing the benefits of each option is very helpful. I noticed you liked the high beam assist and adaptive cruise, neither of which I have opted for, probably because I don't fully understand the benefits.
My A7 is now due mid March, so I will post some pics and comment on the extras including the HUD which I was having second thoughts about.

Finally, I hope you get one as the A7 froum is feeling a bit under utilised.

Architex_mA8tey
14-02-2011, 01:35 AM
LOL thanks Shabazmo thats very kind - if Audi head office are reading this thread I'd love a job as a product manager on A7's A8s and R8s please :D

Looking at the spec of yours I think you've got a lot of the important features there - comfort seats almost essential if the model is not an s-line as the standard seats I find uncomfortable even after just a day and the comfort seats in the new A8 that I tried earlier were fantastic.

I look forwards to seeing some pics when you get your car in March or even meeting up as I'm along the M4 a lot:beerchug:

Architex_mA8tey
14-02-2011, 01:45 AM
If anyone is suffering A7 withdrawal symptoms at the moment then pop along to West London Audi where they have 7 A7's on the 3rd floor forming a window display to the M4 plus a further one on the ground floor and 2 more on show outside! :D :wiggle:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10294&d=1297644313

shabazmo
14-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Ok thats a promise meet up then. I am more M3 J5 than M4, but in any event it would be good to meet up some where near Reading if not at my place. I will post pictures as soon as I get the car. I am geting more impatient as the days progress. My A6 leaves me in less than 2 weeks to a forum member, but I will still miss my faithful friend.

Architex_mA8tey
14-02-2011, 10:01 PM
sounds like a plan! I need to place an order by april/may so it would be great to see yours before. looks like the A6 has given great service - ive got a brand new 2.0 tdi multitronic A6 s-line as a loan car at the moment while they do some work on my A4 2.0T s-line. The A6 had got just 350 miles from new when they gave me it and ive put 1000 miles on it so far. multitronic was great in london but I prefer the tiptronic in my A8 for more spirited drives. Im sure you will quickly get used to the A7 - it does drive wonderfully.