PDA

View Full Version : Question Concert Stereo & Bose

A4 Lad
10-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Hi folks, I have an 06 A4 B7 with a standard Audi Concert Front loading CD player and a multi changer in the glove box.
I have seen and placed a bid on a Bose sound system which comes with 5 speakers and an amp.
Question : Can I just wire these into my existing loom on my car and will they work or is it not that simple or will it work at all ? Im not too hot on the ICE subject :)
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I cant be ***** turning on my laptop !

Issac Hunt
11-02-2011, 05:00 AM
You can do it but its not that simple.

You need to change all the speakers and the sub and amplifier, You also need to add wiring from the front speakers back to the amp in the boot as this wiring isnt present in a non-BOSE car as the front speakers are powered by the headunit.

To make it 100% you also need to add the BOSE microphone and the centre dash speaker (and wire them back to the amp in the boot) and also recode with VCDS.

The connector on the amplifier is also different, you need to change it to the 32 pin BOSE connector, so that means swopping all the terminals from plug to plug.

Possible, and indeed has been done, but not a ten minute job. I'd reckon on a full days work to do the swop due to all the trim that needs removing.

allanmb
11-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi folks, I have an 06 A4 B7 with a standard Audi Concert Front loading CD player and a multi changer in the glove box.
I have seen and placed a bid on a Bose sound system which comes with 5 speakers and an amp.
Question : Can I just wire these into my existing loom on my car and will they work or is it not that simple or will it work at all ? Im not too hot on the ICE subject :)
Thanks

Only 5 speakers? You will need the rest but oh boy its worth it :-)

Mike2.0TQ
11-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Do you think Allan, I've got the BOSE and whilst it is good, I'm certainly not that impressed with it - saying that, I haven't heard the "normal" stereo in Audi's. Some of the time mine can sound terrible, depends on what's playing.

Mike.

allanmb
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Do you think Allan, I've got the BOSE and whilst it is good, I'm certainly not that impressed with it - saying that, I haven't heard the "normal" stereo in Audi's. Some of the time mine can sound terrible, depends on what's playing.

Mike.

I thought mine was good until a friend got an A5 with the standard stereo. The Bose setup is leagues above the standard one, particularly in the punchiness of the bass.

It also depends on what you are used to. I am a bit of and audio-freak and have a good quality setup at home. If you are used to cheaper end bass subs then yes they sound bassy and you can feel it but they are not good quality bass. The Bose setup wont shake the car as much but it sounds much more controlled and with the right music in the car, you can get a pleasant smile :)

Allan

A4 Lad
11-02-2011, 03:53 PM
The sound quality of mine is not great. Where would I find a "how to" ?
This is all that comes with it :

allanmb
11-02-2011, 04:56 PM
The sound quality of mine is not great. Where would I find a "how to" ?
This is all that comes with it :

Not much of a how-to but there was a question recently about a Bose swap:
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=113625&highlight=BOSE

A4 Lad
11-02-2011, 05:07 PM
sorry, my picture did not upload. This is what is in the sale : http://184.72.239.143/mu/5e0e07bd-5e8e-3af9.jpg
Do I need more then ?

allanmb
11-02-2011, 05:14 PM
sorry, my picture did not upload. This is what is in the sale :
Do I need more then ?

There are 10 speakers all-in-all so yes you are missing some ;)

I am not sure, but those look like the door speakers and the amp?

Allan

Issac Hunt
12-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Do I need more then ?

I take it you have an Avant? That kit is no good if you have a saloon as the amp/sub is different shape.

Thats most of the stuff you need, I think the tweeters are the same in BOSE/non-BOSE cars but you'd need to check that to be 100%.

You also need the BOSE microphone (goes in the interior light) and the centre dashboard speaker, and a new connector for the BOSE amp and plenty of wire like I mentioned in my earlier post.

A4 Lad
12-02-2011, 02:58 PM
No, mine is salon so thats blown that idead out of the window then lol
Thanks