PDA

View Full Version : a4 B8 rear bumper removal/refit instructions

madsplasher
10-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi,

anyone got a good set of instructions for the removal/refit. I've got the Witter instructions from their website but it's a bit lacking in pictures/diagrams.

Thanks

Carl Robinson
12-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Can't take the credit for this as someone sent to to me. These instructions are perfect.

Guidance?
The towbar comes with reasonable instructions, you can download them off the net if you buy a used bar. Basically what you have to do is:
Remove boot floor.
Remove boot sides, disconnect 12v socket from right side.
Remove rear tie down hooks, pull up long side covers to reveal towbar mounting points.
Remove mud flaps if fitted.
Unscrew large plastic extended screw and remove light cluster each side.
Remove the grommets in panel in boot below light cluster to reveal 1 nut each side, remove 10mm nut taking care not to drop it inside.
Remove 3 fixings around wheel arch, 3 fixings on lower edge and one plastic pin hidden behind light cluster.
Unplug reversing sensor wire in right side compartment, it passes through a hole to bumper.
Pull bumper sides outwards from wheelarch and remove bumper, feed sensor wire out of hole.
Remove bumper beam and replace it with towbar.

First time I had someone help me, but taking it off and fitting to my next car I did all by myself.

Carl Robinson
12-03-2016, 12:44 PM
One additional bit. When you look into the end of the chasis. There are plastic blanking plates which move when you insert the tow bar mounting arms.