PDA

View Full Version : Window Regulator

zoomered
09-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Hi, Has anyone tried the cable replacement kits on evil bay for window regs? Are they a no go? Should i just stick to oem? Its is a saving of over £60 but is it worth it?? Thanks:mad:

kite
10-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I changed my drivers door regulator a few weeks ago.
Theres a good "how to" over on audizine..

zoomered
10-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Yeah im ok changing the regulator as i done the drivers side about 3 months ago. Just wondering if the ebay kit is worth a bash... Anyone done it???

burkey1
08-03-2011, 04:57 PM
I am also looking at doing my passenger window regulator and am wondering if anyone has used the non OEM regulator kits for the A4 B6 models.

Would appreciate any feedback as they are almost half the price of the OEM kits..

Cheers

burkey1
18-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Bought an A4 NON OEM window regulator online from micksgarage.ie. There is also a co.uk site.

http://www.micksgarage.ie/carspec.aspx?&deptid=291&make=Audi&model=A4 2001-2004&basemodel=&year=&engine=&petroldiesel=&mode=drilldown

Part was half the price of the OEM version.

The cable runners are a bit thinner but hardly a weak point.

The only problem I had was the 3 original self tapper screws that bolt the motor to the regulator will not work with the new regulator. The new regulator has through holes as opposed to blind holes on the OEM reg. Also the through holes have a bigger inside diameter.

The kit does not provide screws for this.:mad:
I did not realize this until I went to refit the motor. If I was doing it again I would just get 3 bigger self tappers before I went to install the reg that would bite into the plastic through holes

I used 3x M4x30 cap head bolts with lock nuts at the back. This set me back at least a half an hour as it was fiddley to hold the nuts inside the door but possible.

Works fine and with the money I saved I bought myself some new drivers door electric window switches and surrond trim to replace the worn tatty one I just got sick of looking at..