PDA

View Full Version : Do I Need New Back Quarter Windows To Make My Car Black Optic?

quattro-stan
08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Do I Need New Back Quarter Windows To Make My Car Black Optic?

Hi everybody, can I ask you a question about a thread that finished on the 08-10-2010.:confused:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=106775&highlight=window+trim

Did Warp Speed do the How To on the window trim replacement? If he has where can I find it? I'm just about to remove all the chrome from mine and make the car black optic.

I've got all the parts from Audi including all the window clips and rivets except the small pieces of trim under the back quarter window, they can't order these because my reg and vin say chrome only for my car on their computer! Also they seem to think I'll need to order the whole window with the aerials in and everything, these cost about £160 each. (I will buy them if they're needed)

Would you know if I really have to buy a full pair of windows or should I be able to buy just some trim pieces? Do you know the part codes for the Black trim if it is just a trim piece that's needed or the part codes for the windows with the Black trim fixed onto them?

I'm dieing to get started on this project but can't get the parts.:mad:

Thanks Stan

A4 Lad
11-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Just get a reg number or even chassis number from a forecourt car and use it to order the parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I cant be ***** turning on my laptop !