PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seats - switches

Scooby-Doo
07-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Where are the switches for standard heated seats on the CC and does anyone on here have the full 12 way electric seat option,and if so are the switches in the same place ??

Gregmeister
07-02-2011, 04:29 PM
the heated seat controlls are in the centre of the two dials for the climate controlls . you depress the centre of the dials up to 3 times (once gives fully power, twice for intermediate and three for low power setting) you can just see the seat symbols on this image :) directly above the cymbol there are three little lights to indicate the setting.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/[IMG]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/simonsheil/IMG_0085.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/simonsheil/IMG_0092.jpg

Cant help with the 12 way seats, sorry.

Scooby-Doo
07-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks for that.There's been a little doubt in my mind about the 12 way electric seats,if you spec them on the configurator a little pop up screen tells you that "we'll remove the heated seats"and I'm not sure if that's an error left over from before heated seats were made standard or if VW do indeed supply the 12 way electric seats without seat heating.I might be a little bit miffed if they don't come heated.

richardk2
07-02-2011, 05:12 PM
There are also 3 settings on the seat that cool each of the front seats. This switch is located on the door side of the seats towards the front. A blue led on the side of the seat lights up when a cool setting is selected. The 'new brochure' has a section about this.

The 12 way electric seat switches are also located on the door side of each seat.

Climate seats and 12-way electric seats can only be selected if choosing Black Nappa Leather Seats with Climate control.

I know this after speaking in length with a dealer on Saturday.

Scooby-Doo
07-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Climate seats and 12-way electric seats can only be selected if choosing Black Nappa Leather Seats with Climate control.

I think you've got things slightly wrong, or your dealer has:

Climate seats only available with Black nappa leather.

12 way electric seats available with Cornsilk/Black and Black leather.

Climate seats with 12 way electric adjustment only available in Black.

Climate seats being the "fly in the ointment" so to speak.

richardk2
07-02-2011, 06:08 PM
I think you've got things slightly wrong, or your dealer has:

So climate seats are not available in Cornsilk/Black?

JonMarsh
07-02-2011, 06:44 PM
.... or if VW do indeed supply the 12 way electric seats without seat heating.I might be a little bit miffed if they don't come heated.
I'm with you scooby - I too will be miffed if the 12-way seats don't include heating. I have the option fitted to my B6 and they come with heating so I'm hoping its going to be the same arrangement for the CC.

Scooby-Doo
07-02-2011, 08:11 PM
So climate seats are not available in Cornsilk/Black?

That's right.
I've specced Cornsilk/Black but with only the 12 way electric option and no climate option.
I quite liked the climate option but I liked the Cornsilk/Black even more.

JonMarsh
07-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I've specced Cornsilk/Black but with only the 12 way electric option and no climate option.
I quite liked the climate option but I liked the Cornsilk/Black even more.
Ditto - I've gone for the same option for the same reason - and really hope they're heated (not looking forward to winter if they're not!)

richardk2
08-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Ok, so that explains why the brochure states climate seats 'exclusively' in Black Nappa Leather.

However, on the configurator and choosing Cornsilk/Black combo then selecting 12-way electric seats. It indicates that heated seats will be removed therefore implying that heated seats are standard with Cornsilk/Black combo.

I've not ordered a car yet and this is a deal maker/breaker for me.

I can compromise on the 12-way but cannot see why the colour combo can't have climate seats and exclusivity to Black. In fact I can't see why it can't also include 12-way.

How annoying:aargh4:

Scooby-Doo
08-02-2011, 10:50 AM

12 way electric seats available with Cornsilk/Black and Black leather.

Climate seats with 12 way electric adjustment only available in Black

I'll have a look on VW used website to see if I can find a car with 12 way electric seats and see if it has heated seat switches.

thax1
10-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Ok, so that explains why the brochure states climate seats 'exclusively' in Black Nappa Leather.

However, on the configurator and choosing Cornsilk/Black combo then selecting 12-way electric seats. It indicates that heated seats will be removed therefore implying that heated seats are standard with Cornsilk/Black combo.

I've not ordered a car yet and this is a deal maker/breaker for me.

I can compromise on the 12-way but cannot see why the colour combo can't have climate seats and exclusivity to Black. In fact I can't see why it can't also include 12-way.

How annoying:aargh4:

Once apon a time, this was available - and appeared on some early press cars. http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-CC-2010/expert-review/

I suspect it was dropped for aesthetic reasons. The mesh of small holes in the climate seats can be clearly seen against light leather, and I imagine would only get more obvious as the car aged.

The effect is vaguely reminiscent of the old vinyl roof linings from Ford Cortina's and the like...

Scooby-Doo
10-02-2011, 11:05 AM
The effect is vaguely reminiscent of the old vinyl roof linings from Ford Cortina's and the like

USA Spec cars are fitted with climate seats in Cornsilk/Black but they're synthetic leather (like Cortina vinyl seats with little holes in them)

Gregmeister
10-02-2011, 01:29 PM
USA Spec cars are fitted with climate seats in Cornsilk/Black but they're synthetic leather (like Cortina vinyl seats with little holes in them)

oooh sounds delightful! ;)

does anyone know where the climate seat sontrolls are situated? Are they on the seat or the dash?

richardk2
10-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Climate seat switch for cool air is on the seat and a blue led lights up near the switch when activated

Gregmeister
10-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Climate seat switch for cool air is on the seat and a blue led lights up near the switch when activated

Is it possible to show a picture? So how do you select between cool or warm air blowing through the seat then?

richardk2
10-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Sorry no picture or details as only test drove one. I won't be ordering as Climate Seats are not available in Cornsilk/Black, only Black at the moment.

The CC handled superbly though, but I felt that vision was hampered with the front pillar in the way, and the darkened rear windows make the car very dark inside. I suppose a sunroof would help. So to have a black interior would be very depressing - IMHO.

I'm sticking with the Jag S-Type R for now, and may trade it for an XF. They have climate and 16 way electric seats in any colour across the range.

Gregmeister
10-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Black suits me as the cr4p I have to carry in my car would cause me no end of cleaning issues if I had cream leather.

VW have lent me a hire car while the fiasco with my CC continues. At present, I'm driving an Insignia which is acceptable. But my god, the rear window is shocking for visibility. and the seat height adjustment s a bit lacking also. Worse than the Vectra I used to drive

Scooby-Doo
10-02-2011, 03:40 PM
They have climate and 16 way electric seats in any colour across the range

Jag XF + mirror pack + electric/heated seats + ski hatch,just put in to the Jag configurator = £39,000

You pay your money and make your choice.

Electric memory seats + folding mirrors for the CC is £680 -- bargain.

Gregmeister
10-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Jag XF + mirror pack + electric/heated seats + ski hatch,just put in to the Jag configurator = £39,000

You pay your money and make your choice.

hmmm ... thats more than 12K over the price of the CC i have on order .... so that's why an XF was never even on the options list even with fullt employee contributions :D

SC03OTT
12-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Out of sheer curiosity (and I'm not having a dig), but why would 12 way electric seats be a deal breaker? I very rarely change the seat position in my car, so if the option of having heated seats or electric ones was put in front of me, I'd pick heated.

JonMarsh
13-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Out of sheer curiosity (and I'm not having a dig), but why would 12 way electric seats be a deal breaker? I very rarely change the seat position in my car, so if the option of having heated seats or electric ones was put in front of me, I'd pick heated.

From my perspective, the 12 way seats provide more control on seat position. If, like me, you're sitting in the car for a couple of hours each day, the need to get a really good seat position is vital.

richardk2
13-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I have lower back problems so it's vital to have a comfortable seat.

Plus, I don't see the point of a restriction on seat colours if you also need climate seats. There's other manufacturers that give the customer more choice so I've decided against the CC.

I test drove the XF yesterday and after comparing with the CC I know where my money is going.