PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza 1.9sdi

w84pcg
30-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Hello All.
I have a year 2000 SEAT Ibiza 1.9sdi with a noisy alternaor bearing. I would like to change it my self but I need first to be able to identify which alternator is fitted, part no, amp rating etc and how to release the tensioner etc.
I am fairly mechanically minded (more so on older cars) and know I`m capable of changing it but I don`t like doing jobs blind. I do like to knop what is entailed first.
Can anyone help here?
Thanking you in advance.
David
:confused: :o

w84pcg
30-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Sorry, some of my spelling in the last message was rubbish, it was my typing, not the spelling itself.
Thanks.:o

w84pcg
05-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Hello again. Ok, I`ve identified the alternator, one on it`s way to me. I just need to know how to release the aux drive belt tensioner and then re-tension it when finished.
Is there anyone out there who can advise me?
Thank you.
:confused: :confused:

rashcupra
09-07-2007, 09:51 PM
it is normally done on the alternator itself as it just need a bolt cracking undone the bolt and pivvitting the alternator to release the tention and of course change the belt but on newer cars they have prestentioners which hold the belt tight

w84pcg
09-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Hello.
Thanks for that. Mine has the tensioner running against the aux belt and not the type that is tensioned by pulling the alternator tight. I have a friend changing it for me next week, he`s a mechanic so that shouldn`t be a problem for him.
Thanks all.:D