PDA

View Full Version : ReMap A4 B7 2Ltr TDi or not

tileman
06-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi, I have a A4 B7 2Ltr TDi 170 Avant 07, I have posted on this forum previously on the subject of remapping and got mixed opinions as to it's effect on performance and economy and whether it was worth doing at all.

My car performed so badly I was on the verge of getting rid of it, I couldn't believe that an Audi could be so bad.

Setting of from a junction in 1st I would have to rev it and slip the clutch to get out quickly then the turbo would come in and I would be in the back seat, then I would change into 2nd and it was flat.
The torque was very poor throughout the range.
I had to take great care in controlling the throttle because the turbo would come in suddenly.
I would want to turn into a junction and have to change into 1st to make it pull away.

A very nice car but NOT a nice car to drive.

I asked a local Audi garage about servicing charges for the car and mentioned that I was thinking of having it remapped, he laughed and said what for.

Anyway I decided to have it done, I shopped around and finally had it done last week, the results and fantastic, it is a different car, I will NOT be selling it now.

Prior to having it remapped I had to TRY to drive it, now I just drive it.

I now have 200 Bhp and 400 NM Torque.

The remapping was done by CC Tuning, Burton Upon Trent, Chris came out and explained all about what he was doing and how it would affect the performance and economy, I was very impressed by him.

I have written this post to reassure anyone who may be thinking of having their car remapped, but don't just go for the cheapest deal.

Regard John :biglaugh::fest30:

phil miller
06-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi mate Chris remapped my OHs golf a few weeks back and done a great job, glad your pleased with it now mate, remapping is the way forward :approve:

Mr-Rob
12-02-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm certainly thining of getting my car done, if it hasn't been already as it feels bloody quick.

I'm just concerned about the new legislation coming in next year with regards to re-maps and MOT's.

What do you think ??

EdgeyA4
13-02-2011, 03:44 PM
I alos had my B5 A4 1.9 TDi Rempapped my Chris at CC Tuning, He was Very helpful and again told me what he was doing and also showed me, the Car Now feel like it is now a different Car,

With regards to the Above with Legislations For remapping and MOT's, When chris did my Remap he Isnatalled a Chip Carrier so i can swop between my Standard Chips and my New Remapped Chips

Thanks

Bryden Leask
28-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Did you find any difference with the mpg after getting your 170 remaped?

Akshay
07-02-2012, 11:42 AM
What do the new MOT regs say about re-mapping and how could the possibly detect it?