PDA

View Full Version : I've done it!!

theskyfox
05-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi guys,
Ive finally done it! Bit the bullet and bought a new A4! Went into the main dealers today and got a new 3.0TDi A4. Due for delivery around April time woohoo :D. Been the best part of a year I've been waiting! Customised all the options to my liking and got a nice discount too :P. Sooo excited about it!

-Andrew

94jdh
05-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I hope you have better luck than me, ordered in November for March 1st delivery (14 weeks) still don't have a confirmed build date, only a guide of week 9, which means delivery week 11-12 earliest (16 - 17 weeks from order date :zx11:

Ardy
05-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Well done and nice choice. Good luck with getting a firm date - mine took a week or so from order to get a firm build week.

didkobandita
06-02-2011, 12:29 AM
:))))))) well done mate!!!
Good luck hope will get it on time ;) it is never the right time every day is like a year :D I was really lucky had mine 2 months after the order:beerchug:

phil miller
06-02-2011, 12:32 AM
ideal mate, what options have you gone for?

ScottyUK
06-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi guys,
Ive finally done it! Bit the bullet and bought a new A4! Went into the main dealers today and got a new 3.0TDi A4. Due for delivery around April time woohoo :D. Been the best part of a year I've been waiting! Customised all the options to my liking and got a nice discount too :P. Sooo excited about it!

-Andrew

Good news :beerchug:

....but not enough info! :p

Colour, spec, options, level of discount ?

Zafi
06-02-2011, 11:50 AM
....but not enough info!

level of discount ?

Yeah, lets us know just how low they will go :D

............. I bet you can get an even bigger discount if it's in stock at Leeds ;)

theskyfox
06-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Sorry lol. Just got a bit carried away. Got £2700 discount, 6% APR. Options:

A4 Saloon,
-S-line trim, 3.0TDI V6 240PS
-Half leather/half cloth interior with aluminium (not a fan of full leather).
-Bang and oulfson sound system + sound package
-Dab Digital Radio
-Privacy Glass
-Interior Light package
-19" 7 arm double spoke alloys

Free Mudflaps and interior mats
Free full tank of fuel
First years Road Tax

The parking sensors, cruise control come as standard on the S-line as does
the sports steering wheel. Got it in manual gearbox (I just prefer the control of the torque with my left foot!).

Colour is Brilliant Black (preferred it over the phantom black).

I've PX'ed my old 2004 1.9TDI A4...will be sad to see her go as shes been a true workhorse..but its time to move on :D. Spent the best part of a year trying to find a used 3.0TDi, in the end gave up..and found that it was worth spending a little more to buy new!

Factory slot hasnt yet been confirmed, hopefully will be confirmed in the next week. Est delivery stands at end of April time. Im gonna have the biggest smile in the world when I pick it up....:biglaugh:

robtt09
07-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Just got short of 30k miles on my 3.00tdi and she just gets better and better ! Enjoy.

J_B204
08-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Do let us know when you get a build date and how you went about getting it - through the dealer or Audi customer services - did you get it in writing, how confident you are of the info they gave you etc etc

Thanks!

Ardy
08-02-2011, 02:30 PM
In my case on the recommendation from Scotty, the dealer was quite happy to print off the factory order and build date confirmation i actually think he showed me something on screen for that or i took the verbal cant remember.

But all was true to the word.

Also got a nice postcard from Audi while it was actually the build week confirming it was in progress - nice touch;)

J_B204
15-02-2011, 02:26 PM
theskyfox,

Did you manage to get a date for your build/delivery? I've asked for one too - wonder when they'll get back to me! The wait is so painful, 4 weeks today since I ordered...

94jdh
15-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I will be contacting my dealer again tonight to see if my car is being built. It was estimated for week 8-9, last week on checking it said week 8, I doubt it will have been pulled forward to week 7 (this week) but who knows! If it stops at week 8 (w/c 21st Feb), mid March at the earliest. Probably quite good considering some of the rumours in relation to delays on the black edition.

94jdh
15-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Yeah, lets us know just how low they will go :D

............. I bet you can get an even bigger discount if it's in stock at Leeds ;)

But you will have to order some wheels!!

theskyfox
15-02-2011, 04:21 PM
No, as of yet I do not have a build date. The paperwork says sometime around the end of April time (about the 30th), but doesnt promise anything. Apparantly I have to wait about a month to get the full build date? It's been just two weeks..and they've been the longest two weeks of my life lol. It's sooo gonna be worth it though!

-Andrew

J_B204
15-02-2011, 04:29 PM
94jdh,

Out of interest when did you place your order?

94jdh
15-02-2011, 05:51 PM
94jdh,

Out of interest when did you place your order?

Hi,

placed the order with the Dealer on the 19th November, received an official order from the Dealer by E-mail with the deposit taken as 24th November. At the time of order was informed no problem for delivery 1st March 2011, official order states estimated delivery 1st March.

Edit: just spoke to the dealer, checked the build week, down for week 9, but still might get confirmed as week 8 (isn't officially confirmed for either, only down for week 9),
apparently builds up to week 11 will be available in March (although logically the end of). Will update if I receive any further info, don't like the idea of not confirmed at this late stage though, seems more like an expected place holder.

regards

Jon

theskyfox
04-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Just an update. I got an email from the dealer this morning. My car is in the UK Docks and waiting to be shipped to Southend! Woo! Could be picking it up by friday this week :D. Nearly 3 weeks earlier than expected too!!! I'm soo excited!

-Andrew

kodkod.84
04-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Great news- usual pics please when you get it :beerchug:

J_B204
08-04-2011, 05:49 PM
So is it today?

theskyfox
08-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Update: Pickup Next thursday (14th) at 12.30 lunchtime! Woo! Only because they have to fit my mudflaps and get the windows tinted. Also was the only day I could take off work. Its sure going to be worth the wait...:D

theskyfox
15-04-2011, 08:19 AM
I got the car yesterday! All I can say is OH MY GOD this car is amazing. The power of the V6 is phenomenal! It pulls like Eurostar!

Audi were very good. They got everything ready..and had the complete VIP treatment picking the car up in a private indoor area with all the floor lighting! They took the time to show me the controls and how everything works..and explained everything clearly.

Took the car out on a 80 mile round trip to colchester...and she ran like a complete dream :D. Totally chuffed with it. Hats off to Audi!

Photos to come soon...(I've not had a chance to download them from my phone and scale them yet!).

Other thing I've noticed is I don't have ad-blue! I had read online about it and was 100% expecting to have it installed on the car. I'm glad I don't have it because its just extra hasstle..but my two questions to all B8 3.0TDi owners out there...

1)Roughly how many miles do you average on a full tank of diesel? (Im running a bit rich at the moment..and think I'll probably manage about 250miles this time round)

2)Do you have ad-blue?

-Andrew

J_B204
15-04-2011, 01:45 PM
glad the pick up all went well and your new baby is as good as you expected. pick mine up on 28th.

can't answer your questions but what did you mean by 'running a bit rich'? 250 miles on a tank seems a bit low too, even with a new engine would have thought you'd get 400+

robtt09
15-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Get anywhere between 32 to 42mpg .Lower figure round town upper one on motorway at steady 80.Just short of 30k miles and really loosened up nicely now.Auto box very good and glad I specced it

theskyfox
15-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure - its just what the dealer told me. He said for the first few hundred miles I can expect the engine to run a bit rich and burn a lot more fuel and oil. Its certainly getting through diesel at a rate of knots, but then the car only had 9 miles on it when I got it :D. Still using the stuff the dealers put in though...I'll wait till its empty, put a full tank of BP ultimate in and re-count. I know the engine is tight and the internal friction is very high to start off with in any new car.

-Andrew

ScottyUK
15-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Yeah .... and nothing to do with you playing with your new found power ! :D

me1357
15-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Not got the V6 but the 2.0 170hp quattro's first two fill ups seemed to use alot more than expected , although it's definetly seems better now averaging around 36mpg.

theskyfox
16-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Cool. Ive been watching it...got through half a tank now, and its definately stabilizing. The first 150 miles or so it just drank the fuel away...but the last 1/4 of a tank seems to be lasting much longer. I am hammering it around still though..so can't complain! :D

-Andrew

Niko
17-04-2011, 10:45 AM
16,500 miles 170bhp (not quattro) with the warmer weather now (seems to make a difference) just returned 719 miles driven brim to 10 miles remaining on the DIS. That was a mixture of driving over 2 weeks, typically journeys of 25 miles A roads etc.

719 miles, anyone top that? :beerchug:

theskyfox
18-04-2011, 12:21 PM
719 miles? Thats insane. Highest I ever got out of 1900cc front wheel drive tdi was 600miles..and that was when babying it. Thats a statement right there for Common Rail Fuel Injection efficiency!

theskyfox
18-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Enjoy! It's totally been worth the wait...

J_B204
19-04-2011, 06:16 PM
do you realise how jealous I am?!

just over 1 week until I pick mine up and patience has never been a strong point.

car looks great, when you've got time would be interested in hearing any tips you might have.

theskyfox
20-04-2011, 08:50 AM
just over 1 week until I pick mine up and patience has never been a strong point.

car looks great, when you've got time would be interested in hearing any tips you might have.

I totally know how you feel. Was the same for me, but it really will be worth the wait! What did you spec up? Im assuming you've gone for an A4 as well? I can't think of any particular tips at this point in time...unless there was anything you specifically wanted to know?

-Andrew

J_B204
20-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I was the one who posted 'I've done it too' shortly after you!

ordered a TDI 170 quattro Avant technik (comes with leather, ami, parking plus, DVD sat navigation) added tech pack hi (for the hdd and bigger screen) and lighting pack , oh and dont forget the boot liner. went for a quite in your face bright red!

can't wait, 1 week on Thu .... counting down the days

theskyfox
21-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Ahh sounds awesome! I hope they give you the same VIP treatment!

One tip I can think of...on the MMI there is a button that says "car". Its worth going through all the settings on there soon as you get the chance. Theyre just settings that people normally play around with on VCDS..things like toggle unlocking all the doors/single door when you press unlock, courtesy light setting, and various displays on the MMI. Its just nice to personalise all that and get it all how you like it.

Going to be washing mine at the weekend. Had it less than a week and its filthy already!!

-Andrew