PDA

View Full Version : s1dnk says hello

s1dnk
04-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Hello all, s1dnk here. Onto my third Audi now and after searching for some info on my latest purchase I stumbled upon this site so decided to sign up and get involved.

My car history is as follows:

'95 BMW 325i coupe in Madiera Voilet
'99 Audi S4 saloon in Red Berry Pearl
'03 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue
'07 Q7 4.2TDI S-line in Black

I've loved all my cars, spent a fair few quid keeping them on the road at times but they've been worth it up to now. Take delivery of the Q7 today so really looking forward to that, will be a bit of a change to the RS6.

Have pics of the cars if anybody is interested, let me know.

aaudi4
04-02-2011, 11:21 AM
my mate has a work colleague with an RS6, great cars no disputing that. but he does a 100+ mile round journey to work daily. mainly petrol but including service, parts etc he spends 1/3 of his salary on it. MONEY WELL SPENT. ye post some pics of the rs6 and s4, great cars.

s1dnk
04-02-2011, 02:12 PM
my mate has a work colleague with an RS6, great cars no disputing that. but he does a 100+ mile round journey to work daily. mainly petrol but including service, parts etc he spends 1/3 of his salary on it. MONEY WELL SPENT. ye post some pics of the rs6 and s4, great cars.
I wasn't using mine for commuting, don't think you could use a car like that for commuting unless you are a lot better of than myself.

Anyway you not interested in the 325i? That too was a great car in it's day :p I'll get pics up in the next day or so when I get some time.

s1dnk
04-02-2011, 07:01 PM
http://.imageshack.us//9228/1000486j.jpg
If this doesn't work I'll read up on how to upload pics on this forum, here goes!

s1dnk
04-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Right for now I've created a couple of albums in my profile so feel free to have a look.

aaudi4
05-02-2011, 05:22 AM
had a look at pics. can see why it was a wrench selling the RS6, what a great motor. like the 325 also but had 320 coupe myself. dont no why but just never took to it although good drive.

s1dnk
05-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Well the RS6 went yesterday evening and I wasn't even there to see it go. No double the guy who dropped off my new car and took the RS away had some fun in it last night.

Anyway, I loved my 325, really solid car that never let me down. Also it was the first car I ever bought after I came out my apprenticeship, took my first 2 pay packets and cashed in my credit card to buy it, was still living at home so lived on next to nothing for a couple of months afterwards until it was all paid off.

fourringsrus
05-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Welcome aboard some nice motors sure enough, got a feeling that S4 is up for sale at present,or one very similar.
Apal of mine bought the 4.2 tdi Q7 and said it was the nicest motor he ever owned or drove, but in terms of fuel costs it was by far the nastiest.
He reckonned it would pull a house down and tow it away with the rest of the town hanging on, but really juicey.
Good luck

Stuart

phil miller
05-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi mate welcome to the site

s1dnk
06-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks guys, wish I thought about joining a forum like this sooner.

I sold the S4 to a garage north of Inverness, well the guy said it was for him but the new owner was a garage. Don't know what happened to it after that, can't be too many of them going around in that colour, only ever seen 1 other car in that colour and it was a 2.0.

I'm not expecting to get much MPG from the Q7 after reading a couple of posts on here. I was hoping for around 25MPG as stated by Audi but it sounds like I'll be lucky to get that. It will be better than the RS6 though :D.

The Q7 got delivered on Friday, I'm still away and will be for another 10 days so I had a couple of pics sent through, I've added 2 to an album if anybody is interested.

fourringsrus
06-02-2011, 11:34 AM
The big 7, gorgeous

JimC64
12-02-2011, 04:55 AM
welcome to the site .................a great friendly place to be :approve:
good to have you here with us and you look like a real enthusiast......envious of the Q7, looks to be a great ride
Jump right in and enjoy :beerchug:

s1dnk
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks guys, already found out some very useful information on here, hopefully I'll be able to help others out in the future too.

I wish I saw your thread on overhauling wheels a couple of months back, good stuff there Jim.

Only 4 more days to go and I'll finally get to drive my Q7.