PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 02 MK3 Cab info

tets
03-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Having a bit of a problem trying to locate a part for my girlfriends MK3 Cab as its a 2002
So much conflicting info with it being a late model

It appears to have Mk3 front suspension and Mk4 rear (in some info but not all)

Was just after a rear wheel bearing but the MK3 cabs state they have drums and this one has discs

Any help appreciated

cheers
Steve

Jon Bradbury
04-02-2011, 04:03 PM
FYI I have a 2000 1.6 cab and it too has rear disks. I suspect if you go to a motor factors and ask for a rear bearing for a 2002 cab you should be OK. It may also help to approach a dealer for the part number. The "MK III" cab is not the same as the one you have; I bet yours has the MK IV front (ie, teardrop shaped headlights instead of square ones). They are sometimes referred to as "MK III / IV" or just "MK IV" cabriolets.

tets
04-02-2011, 05:13 PM
FYI I have a 2000 1.6 cab and it too has rear disks. I suspect if you go to a motor factors and ask for a rear bearing for a 2002 cab you should be OK. It may also help to approach a dealer for the part number. The "MK III" cab is not the same as the one you have; I bet yours has the MK IV front (ie, teardrop shaped headlights instead of square ones). They are sometimes referred to as "MK III / IV" or just "MK IV" cabriolets.

Hi Jon

Mine has the mk3 front - its one of the very last of the mk3 models - think this is why there is so much conflicting info as it appears to have several mk4 bits on it

cheers
Steve