PDA

View Full Version : plastic dowel that holds n/s/r electric window

Mr Poneymuff
03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
does anyone know how the hell I can fit the silly little plastic dowel that hold's the n/s/r drop glass in place on the electric window bracket cheers in advance Poneymuff

Sam
03-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Is, "push it" too vague?

What car, what have you done that required a new window, can you see the hole, etc

Mr Poneymuff
03-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Is, "push it" too vague?

What car, what have you done that required a new window, can you see the hole, etc

push it is very vague as it continues to go straight through the aperture

my near side wing and doors where damaged in a hit and run I managed to get a set of n/s doors bare so had to transfer my original window mech's and glass straight across hence the new dowels

iwaters
03-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Is this the one where you have two dowels one goes in side the other? do you have both parts? The outer one will slide straight through without the centre dowel. I used a big pair of pliers to push the centre dowel. in.

Sam
03-02-2011, 04:46 PM
If it's a Touran, having recently replaced a rear regulator on one, then what iwaters says above is true, there should be a larger circular dowel with the centre cutout and a small slice missing that needs to be compressed and placed in the hole.

The smaller dowel then pokes in to force the larger dowel to hold the window.

You still don't say what car it is, but I presume the same is true for other VAG cars as they all seem to follow a similar pattern.

iwaters
03-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah think most VAG cars are they same, was on my wife's 2001 Polo.

Mr Poneymuff
03-02-2011, 06:31 PM
If it's a Touran, having recently replaced a rear regulator on one, then what iwaters says above is true, there should be a larger circular dowel with the centre cutout and a small slice missing that needs to be compressed and placed in the hole.

The smaller dowel then pokes in to force the larger dowel to hold the window.

You still don't say what car it is, but I presume the same is true for other VAG cars as they all seem to follow a similar pattern.

very strange i did put in my previous post that I have a passat on a 2000 last of the b5 i finally managed to hold the larger dowel in place from behind with my hand while pushing through the smaller dowel from the front through the little access panel very fiddly but affective thanx peeps Poneymuff