Is that the Island Grey?

Guest 2
03-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Looks good! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagnik
03-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Is that the Island Grey?

Yes, Island Grey, is that what you have ordered?

richardk2
03-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Yes, Island Grey, is that what you have ordered?

Long story but here goes - I'm looking for a different car to my Jag S-Type 'R' as it is costing a fortune now approaching 5 years old, even using local indie garage.

I picked out the Passat CC for looks, cost & value for money. Joined this forum and been watching the threads to gain a more detailed understanding.

I've been on the VW site and configured my car, choosing the Island Grey plus a load of extras all coming to about £33k. My previous Jag X-Type was a grey Quartz and looked fantastic when polished and didn't show the dirt very much in between cleans. I must admit I thought the Island Grey was more darker than yours. Are you sure you haven't got the Iron Grey?

The only thing that's stopping me place my order is the waiting list. I'm an individual not company car person so will be trading in the S-Type.

vagnik
03-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Where can I buy updated maps for the RNS 310 from?

vagnik
03-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I must admit I thought the Island Grey was more darker than yours. Are you sure you haven't got the Iron Grey?

The only thing that's stopping me place my order is the waiting list. I'm an individual not company car person so will be trading in the S-Type.

I have just checked the order confirmation and it says "Island Grey Pearl"

I was ready to buy new but didn't like the look of the waiting list.
I found a nice one on the VW used car finder but that was sold when I went to look at it
So not only are new CC's on a long waiting list it seems that low mileage second owner/ex dems may be getting hard to get.

The colour looks very similar to my previous car which was described as "metro blue", haven't really noticed the pearl effect yet but then it is still dark during commute hours.

Very happy that I went CC.

hartry
03-02-2011, 05:28 PM
haven't really noticed the pearl effect yet

Look at the difference in colour between the driver's door and the rear and front of your car on your picture above - surely that's the pearl effect?

vagnik
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Look at the difference in colour between the driver's door and the rear and front of your car on your picture above - surely that's the pearl effect?

My word you're right hartry.
I had thought that the effect in the picture was just glare on the doors and shade at the front and rear of the car. Will have to wait for daylight now to have another look.

hartry
03-02-2011, 08:00 PM
My word you're right hartry.
I had thought that the effect in the picture was just glare on the doors and shade at the front and rear of the car. Will have to wait for daylight now to have another look.

Well yes I know what you mean and I was thinking the same when I made that last post but I think that the definition of pearl effect is that it looks different when in direct sunlight so I think it's more than glare and shade.