PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 tfsi 220 bhp quattro advent. True mpg

biscuit-a3
02-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone who owned a 2.0 tfsi special edition. The 220bhp one either standard or remapped up to under 300bhp.
I just wAnt some idea of true mpg reading. Combined or round town motorway and even what you get to 10 quid or 20 quid or a full tank.
I am considering buying one but don't believe the readings say on the data.
And figures would help

Thanks

achille
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I 'only' have the 200bhp standard version, but would guess the mpg would be similar unless you drive everywhere flat out!
I get an average 32 mpg on my daily urban crawl, and about 35-36 on a decent run. Not great but could be worse!

darich
02-02-2011, 11:32 PM
I've had my car remapped for something like a year now.
I haven't reset the OBC for ages.....it's sitting at an average of around 30.5mpg. That's over a few thousand miles.

Typically I'll buy around 50-55litres.
full tank of fuel will be around 320-340 miles.
That works out at between 27.7mpg and 29.5mpg.
My commute is 11miles each way. 3.5miles on good B class road and around 7miles on motorway. Normally few hold ups until the last half mile or so which is urban so it's the usual roundabouts, lights, junctions etc.

Cruising on the motorway at 60-65mph my instant mpg will be reading 40mpg easily. Dropping the speed on quieter roads the mpg can climb as high as a sustained 45mpg.
Quattro makes the car heavier and that'll always cost you fuel but it's amazing in winter. After the recent bad weather I can't praise the quattro highly enough. Roads that astras, golfs, mondeos, civics etc cannot drive up, are no problem. On my street - Honda civic couldn't climb even with 2 people pushing. I did a hill start on the same road without even needing handbrake. Other roads at 20mph in 3rd gear - pressing the gas a bit you feel yourself being pushed into the seat because the car grips and pulls. Continued acceleration and the wheels lose traction when the turbo really pulls but before then it's like the road is simply wet.

I don't think remaps change your consumption much at all.....it's the change in driving style that does it.

performance wise.........superb.
Remap done by Ben at Shark Performance.
Adds approx 30-35bhp and approx 80Nm of torque.
Book figure is 0-60mph in 6.7secs (Parkers). I'd say the 0-60 is now sub 6secs. It's not something I've made any attempt at measuring but going by the performance pre-remap and comparing to my previous car (BMW Z4 3.0) I'd be confident in that claim.

Top speed books at 152mph. No idea how that's changed with the additional power.

:beerchug:

biscuit-a3
02-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks for that I think I can live with close to 35 mpg

gblades
03-02-2011, 12:00 AM
I get around 35mpg on long runs and once I got around 38. To get good mpg you need a steady run in 6th at about 70mph.

Driving to work which is lots of roundabouts and then 60mph short sections I get about 30mpg and on the route back which has some dual carriageway with a few roundabouts I normally get about 25mpg due to the different driving style :)

ming
03-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Latest check worked out at 25mpg.
200 bhp model on mainly urban.

James05
03-02-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm with Ming and Darich - my mpg seems to be around 25-30 depending entirely on traffic levels and how often I have to drive in to Birmingham city centre in rush hour....

James