PDA

View Full Version : Detachable Tow Bar for A4 2.0T 2006

phil.
02-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

Im new to the forum and already have my first question.

I was wondering if anyone knows were can i get a detachable tow bar for my A4 2.0T S Line 2006 for a good price.
Needs to be hidden when disconected.

I was going to buy one from PFJones but they desided to wack the price up by £40 after i emailed about one, i phoned and spoke to a guy that did not give a s**t. Worse costomer service ever..
Dose anyone no were i can get one from elseware.

Thanks

kite
02-02-2011, 11:36 PM
bad service from a forum sponsor !!!!

phil.
03-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah tell me about it. I wasnt very happy about the price increse let alone that phone call.
Dose anyone no anyware else i can one from.. dont suppose PFJones are going to let me have one for the original price now lol
Thanks

Ben
04-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Read this, http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85521
Then get your calculator out. Then order.

phil.
05-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Read this, http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85521
Then get your calculator out. Then order.

Ok thanks for the link and the top tips ;)

phil.
08-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Ended up buying one from PFJones website were it was still priced as £165 (eBay price is now £264?) received it today and it looks good.
Fitting shuld be easy thanks to the forum. Plenty of DIY Guides on here. :)

Ben
08-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Yes, I also found that pf Jones ebay prices and their own website prices were not consistent.

PFJones
02-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi,

The internet department at PF Jones is a different department to the ebay department and has a different pricing structure, This is why the pricing fluctuates, We do try our best to be competitive and will beat any like for like quote elsewhere. It sounds like a bad experience you may have had calling the ebay department which i do apologise for, if you want full quality advice and the best possible prices please call the internet department on 08000354299 Thanks Dale

phil.
02-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi,

The internet department at PF Jones is a different department to the ebay department and has a different pricing structure, This is why the pricing fluctuates, We do try our best to be competitive and will beat any like for like quote elsewhere. It sounds like a bad experience you may have had calling the ebay department which i do apologise for, if you want full quality advice and the best possible prices please call the internet department on 08000354299 Thanks Dale

Hi Dale
I was thinking i must of just caught somone on a bad day but overal i am very happy with the service.
I got one for the price i wanted which is a very good for what you get.
I was trying to use the relay from my old E46 towbar wiring and it was not working, i phoned up and spoke to one of your very helpfull enginners who advised me to buy one of your relays as they work better with the audi system.
I baught one, fitted it and its great, works well..
Overal i cant fault the towbar, the service was very good and the price was even better.
Thanks. Phil