PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

rossco30
02-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi all,

I've just purchased an '05 s-line 2.0tdi estate and have some questions:

1. I've read about the oil pump problem on the early engines and I was wondering what the symptoms were before it goes?
2. Do you know if its possible to get an Audi extended warranty on an '05 car?
3. What's the consensus on the best company for remaps, I've heard good things about e-map tuning?
4. Is there a forum area for selling items? It has some brand new S5 alloys and tyres on it and these are too good for my wifes driving and love of kerbs so i was going to sell them and put on some standard wheels.

Cheers,

Ross

RMH1
02-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I've just purchased an '05 s-line 2.0tdi estate and have some questions:

1. I've read about the oil pump problem on the early engines and I was wondering what the symptoms were before it goes?

What is the engine code , have a look at the log book BLB is the the problem engine.
I think they start to make a weird rattlle when they are on the way out .

2. Do you know if its possible to get an Audi extended warranty on an '05 car?

I think you can but it will cost alot .

3. What's the consensus on the best company for remaps, I've heard good things about e-map tuning?

Shark performance who are a site sponsor on here have a good reputation , but it all depends on your location .

4. Is there a forum area for selling items? It has some brand new S5 alloys and tyres on it and these are too good for my wifes driving and love of kerbs so i was going to sell them and put on some standard wheels.

You can sell them through this site have a look in the link .
Put a link to it in your signature so plenty of people see it .

HTH

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Mr-Rob
02-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi mate,

As it's an 05 plate so it will be a BLB engine, these were fitted to 05/55 and early 06 cars.

I would'nt consider a remap on this engine due to the extra strain it causes
on the internal components especially the oil pump.

I'm looking at a conversion for the pump to a shaft drive, then I'll consider the remap.

Rob

Big G star
04-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Rossco , how much u want for the alloys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossco30
06-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Mr Rob,

Let me know if you find anyone that does the conversion. The car drives nicely and tehre are no rattles that indicate oil pump chain issues yet.

It does feel a little underpowered though. A fair bit of lag then it goes but the power tails off quickly, it feels as if it tails off too quickly.

Does anyone bypass the EGR system onm these engines? It made a noticeable difference on my old 530d maybe that has spoilt me in terms of smoothness and a linear power delivery.

Ross