PDA

View Full Version : Question Leather or Cloth seats..

darren_mcneill
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Leather or cloth seats....

Benefits and/or negatives of both.... or is it just down to personal preference?

Big G star
01-02-2011, 04:38 PM
I had half leathers in my a3 so i has the best of both. Lol
Ive got cloth in my saloon at the moment, found some sline leather interior last week, but they wouldnt fit as they were out of an avant with folding rear seats and my seats are fixed!
Imho i prefer leather as its easier to clean and looks better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darren_mcneill
01-02-2011, 04:41 PM
im personally edging towards leather as my daughter is 2, and you know the mess kids can make...

and I think I would cry if my seats were stained with chocolate, juice, ketchup, mud etc etc..... in fact, I can feel the tears now... :aargh4:

Big G star
01-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I know!! I have a 2 yr old daughter 2. Thats why i was goin to buy leather seats, im gutted they wont fit!

RMH1
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I have only had leather in my cars for the past 15 years .

They look better imo

easier to clean.

But bloody cold in the winter and burn you in the summer .

Big G star
01-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Especially if you wear shorts . Lol :)

allanmb
01-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Leather or cloth seats....

Benefits and/or negatives of both.... or is it just down to personal preference?

Leather as they are more durable and dont smell. They also clean up better and look better too. I would never get cloth again...

darren_mcneill
01-02-2011, 06:13 PM
I know!! I have a 2 yr old daughter 2. Thats why i was goin to buy leather seats, im gutted they wont fit!

There are a few sets on ebay at the minute, although im not sure if they are full sets or just front seats.... They were £800+ i think....

Leather it is then!!

Big G star
01-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Darren is youre car an avant or saloon? And do you have folding rear seats? If you do, i know where theirs a set of sline front and rear seats going dirt cheap!!

Mr-Rob
01-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Cloth all the way for me, leather is heavier meaning a slower car !!!! lol

darren_mcneill
01-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Darren is youre car an avant or saloon? And do you have folding rear seats? If you do, i know where theirs a set of sline front and rear seats going dirt cheap!!

Im in the process of buying at the min, so im getting one with full leather.... im just trying to decide what I want in the car as there are so many options! lol

And im fussy as hell!