PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Need guidance ?????

Big G star
01-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi guys
Ive always been into keeping my cars clean, but never really taken it past the stage of a wash and polish. Ive now got a black a4 b7 sline and the paint has a good shine but there are a few scratches and swirls on it which i wish to remove and get the paint up to standard
Ive just orderdx some bilt hamber clay, poor boys black hole, and some collonite 476s wax, but in not sure how to go About it, and also do i need anything else to add to that list????
Can anyone help me? Any tips , guides or guidance would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsonlyme
01-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Sound like you have all you need for polishing and waxing,as for the swirl marks and scratches they may need improving by machine polishing if your not happy to do it yourself its worth going to a valeter to machie it for you as it is possible to polish through or burn the paint.:D

JimWD
02-02-2011, 02:44 PM
As above, but be careful with who you choose to go with for the machine work...

If you're passing the car on to a pro to do the work, paint correction, you're looking at £300+ and a good two days work at least. (if anyone claims to be able to sort it for you in a day for £80, walk away)

<removed>

<removed>

Hope this helps. :o

Jim

Eshrules
02-02-2011, 02:53 PM
As above, but be careful with who you choose to go with for the machine work...

If you're passing the car on to a pro to do the work, paint correction, you're looking at £300+ and a good two days work at least. (if anyone claims to be able to sort it for you in a day for £80, walk away)

<removed>

<removed>

Hope this helps. :o

Jim

if you wish to advertise, please discuss the advertising packages available with the site owner, Stuart.

Big G star
04-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Im not looking to pay anyone to
Do it , im looking to do it myself, the swirl marks are only very light and should dissapear with the pb black hole!
Ive got a little car polisher ( like the ones you can buy from the super market) , do you reckon this would work??????

itsonlyme
07-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Use your polisher with a soft foam mop and a polish with an abrasive in it first to remove the swirl marks and then clean the pad out in clean warm water then use a finer polish to finish with, be careful near panel edges it may be worth putting masking tape down any edges so you do not rub through them also try not to build up to much heat in the panels with the machine as it is possible to burn the paint a little spray of clean water helps just take your time and do one panel at a time and you will find its not as hard as it sounds hope this helps.:D