PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning controls help

22shandy
30-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi,
I have just purchased a 2006 Q7 with deluxe A/C in the front and just vents in the rear (no deluxe A/C). I have the A/C in the front set to AUTO on both sides but I never feel any air coming our of the centre vents in the dash board, even after moving the wheels back and fourth. I have looked at the air distribution for the front of the car but would have thought the AUTO setting would still use the center vents.

In addition I am not sure how I control the air temperature to the rear of the car and again I have never felt any air coming out of the rear centre vents.

Does anyone understand how the air conditioning and vents are supposed to work please? I am not sure if I have a fault with the car that needs to be fixed or if its just a case of understanding how to use / configure the A/C?

Can anyone help please?

Regards, SM

nobbyuk
01-02-2011, 01:08 PM
My experience is similar to yours in that I've not felt much warm air coming through the centre vents.
In the summer, lots of cold air comes out of them though.

It might be to do with prioritising windscreen / side windows if it's cold outside to help eliminate condensation and outside ice.

I'm not sure about the rear as mine has quad zone A/C, but I assume it will use the front settings, but again depending on outside temps front may have priority.

22shandy
01-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Hi,
Thanks for letting me know you your experience is the same with regards to the central vents. When it warms up I will try cooler air and see if the central vents come into play.

It would be handy to understand how the A/C temperature is controlled for the rear of the car, does anyone have any idea how I set this without having quad zone A/C?

Thanks and regards, Shaun

OnlyShallow
09-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I have the same experience using auto. You can get air to blow out the centre vents using the MMI though. In the heating set up the rectangular icons represent the centre vents, so you can choose what set up best suits you.

Sportingmac
15-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Been through this experience with Audi - what you are experiencing is normal - that is how the Auto function works - if you want central vents to blow hot or cold you need to go into the setup function for aircon and select distribution - then select your choice.