PDA

View Full Version : Attention Live data from tdi engine AVF 96 kw - Vag Com

Novica
27-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi,

Today, I have took live data during driving test and on idle from my Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDI.

I suppose that these data can be useful to somebody who has similar engine to compare, as I would like to compare my data with similar engine and to see if behavior of my engine is OK.

These data must be obtained during warm engine (coolant temp. must be at least 80deg Celsius), all consumers must be switched off (air condition, radio/navigation, etc.), gear must be in neutral position at idle, for automatic transmition I do not know.
For driving test I took only group 004, 010 and 011 (the last is important for checking the turbo charger) and it was performed in this manner:

- first warm up engine (by driving of course)
- switch off all consumers (A/C, radio/navigation,etc)
- Connect Vag Com (go to address 01 Engine, choose measuring blocks, choose blocks 004,010 and 011 and start logging)
- find road on uphill (I had uphill with 8% of inclination)
- drive car in third gear on abt 1500 rpm on that uphill
- press accelerator full and keep it pressed until 3500 rpm (make it all in third gear)
- make one mark on Vag Com (as I was alone, I have just marked to be sure that these data are the right one as I have started logging much time before.)
- as soon as you pass 3500 rpm you can stop logging on Vag Com.
-you need data which are near 3000 rpm (in third gear of course and at full throttle)
- the data are stored in "Logs" folder in Vag Com folder (or other folder that you can choose when you start logging)

As you can see in pdf file (Driving test group 4-10-11) I was getting three samples of data,marked with yellow color and data written in blue color (in this yellow field) are the right one (they are near 3000 RPM).

On the top of each group I wrote in blue, data that are correct value for this engine and they are painted with violet color.

All these limit parameters was taken from VW ELSA (older version).

Now, about my parameters.

They are almost all within the limits, except, air mass in group 000 in column 10, in file "Idle log data" and (again) air mass in group 008 in column 1 in file "Driving test group 4-10-11". I suppose that MAF is responsible for this but this parameter (which is on upper limit and not exceeding too much) is not concerning me so much as this observation: If you look in idle data (file "Idle log data") you can notice that my idle speed is fluctuating all the time and the value is 861 or 882 and changing every few seconds. This fluctuation is from the time when I bought the car, I changed toothed belt, filters, oil, few time (as I drove the car two year exact, passed already more then 30000 km with this observation), cleaned EGR and intake (it was not so much dirty), but the fluctuation is still present! Somebody on this forum told me that could be a flywheel and clutch, but until now it seems that they work fine.
Any opinion welcome.

The data of the car and weather:

- Audi A4 Avant, 2004 year.
- 1.9 TDI, 96 kw (130 HP), engine code AVF
- 169300 km on clock
- app 40 liters of diesel in tank,
- air temperature (during test) app. +6 degrees Celsius, light wind,
- place (uphill) near sea level

Opinions about parameters of my engine, as well as parameters of other similar engines are welcome.

Cheers

Novica