PDA

View Full Version : Please Help B6 Alarm wanting to be heard!!

tippman
27-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Hi all,

Iv a SE B6 Passat that has started giving some trouble with the alarm. I noticed over the last few months that the alarm would go off for no reason occasionally & now today I can’t even lock the car without it going off constantly.

Iv tried to disarm the interior sensors, the switch works but the alarm still goes off. All door locks are ok, boot & bonnet have been checked also. I searched through all post and can’t really find anything related to B6. There seems to be loads of issues with B5/B5.5 but not much on the B6.

Unfortunately my local dealer still thinks he can charge a ransom:aargh4: to have it plugged in so im trying to avoid if possible. I have to fit a set of rear pads this week end and am using a friend Launch reader to release the caliper. The same tool can reset service interval, reset airbag etc but I am not sure how good it will with be when it comes to this.

Something I’ve noticed also is that the siren sounds a bit low pitched when it initially starts but then "clears its throat" after a few seconds. Has anyone replaced a siren module before for this fault or has anyone had a similar problem.

Thanks in advance,:beerchug:

Tippman.

f33nix
28-01-2011, 12:16 AM

martin1810
28-01-2011, 11:01 AM
The launch scanner should read all the VAG codes ok and tell you what is triggering the alarm. You can't do anything without a scan.

tippman
30-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update on this problem.. I got hold of a Launch yesterday evening and read the fault codes. I found that the alarm siren has an open circuit, so im now on the hunt for a new unit. Its not too hard to get at (Front RH wheel arch behind liner) but it has two shear bolts on it that will be a pain to get off alright.

Also, just in relation to the rear brakes as I put a set of rear pads in it yesterday also. The rear piston motors retracted fine on both sides but as the rear pads were well worn the pistons were nearly at the end of there travel and were hard to push back.

In saying that they both retracted ok after a bit of effort. Thanks again for your replies and if anyone wants the Service procedure codes for the rear parking brake I have it here and will send it to whoever wants it.

Thanks again,:beerchug:

Tippman.