PDA

View Full Version : White smoke from Sharan Air vents/ screen always wet

trickslide
26-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have an R plate 2.0s Automatic Sharan. I have just had a new radiator fitted along with a new power steering belt and a new core plug as a result of the cold weather.
Since we have had it back from the garage, the inside of all the windows is like when you get in the car out of the rain and it steams up after a couple of minute.

It is like this as soon as you get in the car. I wipe them down with a towel, the blowers do not seem to clear it. I have cleaned the glass inside and out but it is like the blower is putting moisture into the cabin.

Along with this there is a burning smell, I checked under the bonnet but nothing obvious. When the heat is on then thin white smoke comes out of the vent and the smell is a lot worse.

I have a dehumidifier in the car from the house just in case there is excess moisture inside as it was stood on the drive for a month or so.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Sorry to be long winded, & if you need more info let me know

I asked the garage if they could have put a hose on wrong or something when replacing the rad, but they said it is a seperate system.

Many thanks in Advance
Richard

kenney
26-01-2011, 01:03 PM
I see you have replaced a core plug as the result of the cold weather,that suggests you have not had enough antifreeze in the coolant,fancy the heater matrix is buggered

trickslide
26-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Kenney,

I had a leaking radiator before the weather hit so did not start the car as there was no antifreeze in the system.

Do you know if the matrix effects the rear blower, as I have switched this on and no smell on that one?

cheers again

kenney
26-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Both run (heated) from the coolant system,but the one matrix can leak and not the other.