PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Dougmillarjnr
24-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Ive got an Audi A4 avant 2.0tdi, we were driving home at the weekend and the car began what felt like misfiring whilst on the motorway. RAC couldnt diagnose it and we got it recovered to an Audi main dealer.

They rang me today to say it had been on the diagnosis machine and wanted to know if our fuel filter and cam belt had been recently changed. We had an service two weeks ago and a cam belt change within the last 12 months, both at main dealer.

The service guy said the cam belt may have slipped and engine needs taking apart to check.

Is this common? I didnt think a cambelt would slip? he said that if it was a slipping cambelt it would be covered under the original works 2yr warranty.

It sounds to me like they had bodged my service/cambelt change has anyone got any advice on recovering costs like the recovery fee - Wigan to Birmingham?!?

Any advice would be really helpful

RMH1
25-01-2011, 08:56 AM
I know of two other forum members , one had the belt slip and one the tensioner bolt sheered off .

Both had recently (with 6 months) had cam belts/service at audi .

If yours has slipped due to either poor fitting or faulty parts then you should be covered for the full amount including recovery .

The problem is proving it, it could be a number of other things that caused the problem , just got to hope the dealer is on your side.

Dougmillarjnr
25-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks, they have checked the cambelt and fuel plus the filter and all is ok apperently. They are going to check the egr valve but the car is not showing any faults. Sometimes i wish they would chuck away their computers and do it the old skool way.

gaz1965
25-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks, they have checked the cambelt and fuel plus the filter and all is ok apperently. They are going to check the egr valve but the car is not showing any faults. Sometimes i wish they would chuck away their computers and do it the old skool way.

Here here.

gareths quattro
25-01-2011, 08:23 PM
When a car goes in for a repair for something like this, how much does it cost? Does Audi say.... diagnostic machine.. £?? on the invoice. strip engine down to check cambelt...£?? on the invoice?

Is booking your car in to Audi like writing a blank cheque? Assuming the costs are not covered by whoever you had your service with.