I was just wondering,

What does your 1.9tdi engines run at ? i got a 1999 1.9tdi sharan

mine stays midway with the occasional blip just above it

is this normal pls ?

:beerchug:

Col
28-06-2007, 09:05 PM
The temp gauges are heaviily damped.

The two tdi's I've had have stayed bang in the middle under all conditions once warmed up.

A blip could mean you are suffering or about to suffer the common water pump failure or more commonly the very annoying temp gauge sender fault which causes the needle to dance all over the place.

How many miles has it done and what engine is it ?

cbrpaul
28-06-2007, 09:10 PM
shes 1.9tdi 1999 not a pd engine

shes got a full VW history and has 87k miles

i notice oil temp on the dash readout says between 93deg C and 95 degC

boomboomer
28-06-2007, 09:44 PM
It might be more helpful to know what you were doing when the temperature blipped.

My old alhambra was the same year & engine, only with 130k. The guage never moved from dead centre unless I was towing the caravan. Then it would rise up a little on every hill, then go back to the middle going down the otherside.

I thought the thermostat was broken when I first had this engine, as it took so long to warm up but these engines run with such low friction at high milages that I think it's the thermostat that keeps the needle in the middle of the guage.

cbrpaul
28-06-2007, 09:45 PM
there was a slight hill , but its just normal driving really , no fast hard stuff and no towing !!

i would say 90% of the time the needle sits in the middle !!!

cbrpaul
30-06-2007, 08:45 PM
so could it be a faulty thermostat ?

or is it normal ?

is it easy to check the stat , where is it on the 1.9tdi ?

I notice the oil reading on the digital display can go to 105 deg C stays here for abit then can go back down to 95 , no real hard work on engine either !!

is this normal ?