PDA

View Full Version : Touareg satnav CD to DVD upgrade rns2

Christianmole
22-01-2011, 12:07 PM
I have a 2004 Touareg brought new with RNS2 CD Satnav and extra amp (factory fitted).
Satnav was playing up so i found a replacement RNS2 DVD Satnav on ebay. Looks exactly same connections at back, when fitted sat nav works, steering wheel controls fine etc but no sound at all from anything (radio, cd multichanger, satnav).

Having now searched on google it seems there may be a a compatibility issue when replacing the RNS2 CD with the RNS DVD if you have the extra amp. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this, or am i doomed to resell the DVD on ebay live with the battered CD model?

Issac Hunt
23-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Check the wiring is the same in rear connectors? I know the connector is the same size but the pin locations might differ?

Failing that, the new headunit might need coding with VCDS to tell the new unit that the external sound system is fitted.

Christianmole
24-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks - where can one get the VCDS coding done - would a VW garage be able to do it?

Issac Hunt
25-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Yes, or anyone who owns VCDS can do it, lots of people have it

djmkerr
15-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Hi Christian,

Do you still have the actual compact disc for the old CD Satnav system. I've bought a car with this system but the CD is missing.

Christianmole
15-03-2018, 11:53 AM
I'm afraid not. I sold the touareg 4 years ago and the cd went with it. Have you tried ebay?

djmkerr
15-03-2018, 12:07 PM
I have I can only find DVDs available - there are no CD's for the system with the software upgrade. VW wants £338 which makes it not worth doing.