PDA

View Full Version : Please Help drying towels

itsonlyme
22-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Can anybody recommend a drying towel as i'm fed up of leathers drying out and cracking.:1zhelp:

kite
22-01-2011, 11:44 AM
get a waffle weave towel.
i have one, its massive and will dry the car in one go without wringing out....
I thinkthey can brought from most detailing supplier's

belfastmark
22-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi
I use a Kent microfibre drying towel. Found in most good car acceseries stores. I find it is great, also, when it gets a bit dirty you can put it in the washing machine.

johnloaderuk
22-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi
I use a Kent microfibre drying towel. Found in most good car acceseries stores. I find it is great, also, when it gets a bit dirty you can put it in the washing machine.

Me too http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kent-Car-Care-Microfibre-Drying/dp/B0030B9U6Q/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1295709204&sr=8-18

JimC64
23-01-2011, 02:29 AM
micrfofibre towels for me too:approve:

They are great and can be used everywhere. You can buy them usually from Tescos / Asda / Halfords or online . They're pretty cheap and do a great job. If they do get dirty, just give them a quick wash to remove the worst of it then pop them into the washing machine and they'll come back good as new :beerchug:

Eshrules
23-01-2011, 12:07 PM
one thing to note with MFs, be they drying towels or cloths - it's prudent to conduct the CD test after every use/wash - there's nothing worse than inflicting swirls/scratches when using a MF to avoid that very issue.

A4 Lad
23-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I dony know if they are only in Northern Ireland but Pound World do a MF Drying Towel for £1 ( strangely enough ) and they are great. I buy one every time I am in one. They are cheap but really are good. I you have a dought that they are not drying as good as when they were new, buy another, and give the other to the wife for dusting ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I cant be ***** turning on my laptop !

paul b
26-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I've got a Raceglaze waffle weave drying towel which works very well, far easier than using a chamois.

Only thing is it's a bit small to do a car as big as an Audi A6 :o so I could do with getting a second one. My son uses it on his SEAT Ibiza and the one is plenty big enough.

belfastmark
28-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi All
One point I would like to mention about the drying towels, chamois, waffle weave etc... is to try and avoid what I call cross contamination.
Basically, dont use the towel that you would dry the bodywork with for the windows. When you dry the car with the towel, you are lifting the greaseness from the polish and then smearing the windows.
For all of you who dry the whole car, windows and all and then wonder why your windows are always greasy/streaky when you go to clean them!
The main offender for this is the traditional chamois !!!!!

JimC64
01-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Lol....maybe I'm **** but thats why mine are colour coded Red, Blue and Yellow :beerchug: