PDA

View Full Version : A4 2.0tdi 120bhp remap

Bryden Leask
21-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Hello

Where would be the best to chip or remap a 2009 A4 2.0 tdi 120bhp s line?
And what bhp would be returned from that?

Regards

cctuning
21-01-2011, 06:02 PM
You can look at increasing your bhp by at least 35 bhp.

We are currently holding a special offer until the end of January which means the price of the remap would be £200. Also if you know anyone else who wants a remap done at the same time then this would cost £300 for both as we are offering buy one get one half price.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Chris

julie10
21-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi I have a passat 1.9 tdi Can it be remapped and what would be the benefits

cctuning
21-01-2011, 06:38 PM
After a remap you will have more power, better economy and improved drivability.

If you can let me know which bhp version your car is then I will be able to let you know the increases for your car.

Thanks Chris

Big G star
21-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Ive got a 2.0 tdi 140bhp sline b7 and my m8 has a 150bhp 1.8t beetle what sort of gain would be be looking at???
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cctuning
21-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Ive got a 2.0 tdi 140bhp sline b7 and my m8 has a 150bhp 1.8t beetle what sort of gain would be be looking at???
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For your car the gain you can expect is 35-38 bhp and for the Beetle the gain would be 40 bhp.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris

ScottyUK
21-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Hello

Where would be the best to chip or remap a 2009 A4 2.0 tdi 120bhp s line?
And what bhp would be returned from that?

Regards

Don't buy based on who has the biggest bhp figure. Maps can come in all shapes and sizes and coz people like pub bragging rights with their figures tuners can make the number higher but it can result in a very peaky power delivery. Also in the most extreme cases boost can be raised too high .... and they're also often not forthcoming on the pressures used.

I'd always settle for a slightly lower bhp figure over a wider range of revs as it'll generally be smooth and faster.

The problem you'll face though is trying to get graphs of each tuners map so that you can compare them as most don't have dyno's and hence use fairly generic maps.

It's a tough market in which to shop as you simply don't know what you're getting and it often comes down to the peak number quoted and how many £.(i.e. something expertly tuned or an off the shelf map for a similar car that's probably been obtained from someone on the web and possibly with no traceable history.) It's not the ideal way of tuning your car. :(

Word of mouth is good .... but only if that person has experience of the different maps.

p.s. This is a general post about the industry and not directed at any tuner or sponsors whether on this site or not. ;)

cctuning
21-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Even though this is a general comment I would just like to point out that we work within the limits of the car and to the customers specification when writing our own software.

We do also have a rolling road and when available we will test the vehicle before and after which proves the results that have been gained.

ScottyUK
21-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Yep - I noticed you had a dyno before I posted so I hoped you wouldn't think it was aimed at you guys.

As said - just a general statement.

cctuning
21-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Yes, I saw it was a general statement :) but I just wanted to make others aware of our rolling road and the fact that we write our own software.