PDA

View Full Version : Body touch ups...

andrewaudi
20-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Woah, not that kind of touch ups ya perv!

Anyone recommend anyone that's good at touching up scratches and popping out car park dents? My car came with a few and a bit of rough paint, would rather avoid doing whole panels because it's pretty good paint.

JimC64
20-01-2011, 04:33 PM
try typing s.m.a.r.t. repair Glasgow....into your browser and plenty along the lines of chipsaway and others offer this kind of service. They specilaise in dent removal / chips etc and matching paint so they're pretty good.

If there's any on the bonnet etc they usually don't cover that area and a paint respray might be in order.

If thats the case I used NU-KAR over Alloa way ( again check them out on the net ) They matched my Stratos blue paintwork perfectly and did a great job.......very cheap compared to official audi shops too:approve:

Good luck

ruggedscot
19-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Well I had the misfortune of watching my car run down a slope and into a fence. Lovely gouge from the front bumper and damaged brightworks. Plus a few scrapes on the wing. Anyways found a decent body shop in the west of Edinburgh that didnt charge stupid prices. I nearly fainted when audi quoted what they wanted. If you are still looking for a decent honest bodyshop then look no further than MK Auto repairs in Edinburgh.

kennymeechan
20-08-2012, 09:15 PM
i used this place Automotive Body Shop Grangemouth - Car Bodyshop Falkirk - (http://www.automotivebodyshop.co.uk/) when i had my focus st. it was artic white and pretty difficult to get a good match from what i read. this place managed a perfect match at very good prices too.

kennymeechan
20-08-2012, 09:16 PM
sorry should have mentioned.

i got a full prep and spray on front bumper and splitter and full prep and spray on rear bumper - cost £280 all in.

jaca2865
24-02-2014, 10:30 PM
can seriously recommend Jamie of ChipRight (or similar) from Loanhead near Ikea and Costco (Edinburgh area)