PDA

View Full Version : dsg/ parking brake

arctic blue
28-06-2007, 08:33 AM
i see the feedback on autobrake with manual g/box, any one got a dsg with it, any one got any experience of them, pro's con's etc

garyroberts
28-06-2007, 06:39 PM
I have just taken delivery (2 days ago) of a Passat Sport 170 DSG.

I have not had any trouble. Although it did take me couple of mins to get used to. No hardship though - and i love the fact i don't have a ugly handbrake.

There is another feature on the car called AUTO HOLD. Basically, when activated, if the car is at a standstill (because you haven't pulled away yet, or because you have just pulled up at a junction) the car will automatically hold the foot brake on. Even if you take your foot off. This means you can do hill starts without using the handbrake. It is also very good when you're looking to pull away quickly (from the lights!). Because you can pull up to the line - stop - and cover the gas. Like the handbrake - the auto hold is automatically released when the step on the gas.

I have no complaints at all!

red5
29-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Autohold on a DSG 'box car is ace when hillstarting/manouevering out of parking spaces on inclines....its all too easy to 'forget' it's not an Auto transmission and try and hold it on throttle.IIRC it's a Factory Order option,not retrofittable,so def consider it if thinking of buying one.It's great in normal traffic as well.....(see above !)

red5

arctic blue
29-06-2007, 09:24 AM
i may have crossed wires a little. i'm referring to handbrake button on dashboard. thats not same as hill start assist is it.