PDA

View Full Version : BT phones in an Exeo !! Help

Dave Evans
18-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Good day to all, I'm new here and hope somebody can help me out.
At present I have an LG KM900 Arena mobile phone which will connect to my EXEO but am unable to look up my contacts. Having looked at Seat's list it is not supported. When I pick up the car a few weeks back, I could look at my contacts and dial the numbers, now all I get is NO ENTRIES on the info panel.
1st - Help please, the dealer cannot find any issues with the car and said it was my phone originally. Seems odd as nothing has changed in the phone! 2nd - I'm looking at replacing my phone later int he year to either an HTC Wildfire or a Desire, does any body have experiance of either phone connected to an Exeo ?

Help please !!!!!!

Dave

stuart
19-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi

Not sure on the handsets you have, but botj my Blacknerry and Iphone work OK... If I remember correct it did take a few minutes for the numbers to show up... What system has you car got fitted? standard rradio or satnav?

Stuart

Dave Evans
19-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi Stuart,

The BT system is on the standard radio unit. My son's iPhone works fine as well as my daughters Sony Ericsson W950 (?) along with K750i + Nokia 6800. One day these manufacturers will get all the current phones on their updates listing.:approve:

Eshrules
20-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm confused - if Seat don't list your phone as a compatible handset, it's not compatible - where's the issue?

Dave Evans
20-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Eshrules,

At one point it worked and now it doesn't. Left button - MODE (phone mode) I was ablethen to scroll through my address book in the phone. Answer call and end calls as well. Now its just answer and end a call, not able to scroll through address book. :zx11:

Any suggestions??????????????????????????????????????? ????

stuart
22-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Do you press the mode button... to get the directory on the display, then use the wheel to scroll through?

Dave Evans
24-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi Stuart,

Yep, Mode button and scroll (left hand buttons). When connecting I will leave the phone for a few mins before checking the mode button and when I do it shows NO ENTRIES.

Dave

stuart
24-01-2011, 09:24 PM
How about if you delete the bluetooth connection from the handset, then re-search...

Dave Evans
25-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Same thing again Stuart. If have tried connecting as many other phones to knock mine off the list and retry that as well. All to no avail!!!!!!!!! Must be a software glitch. I have known PC's to see a phone / PDA and then not see it. Those were simple - just do a reset / hard reset. Cannot do that with the car unless SEAT have put a hard reset button on the underside of the car somewhere. I have emailed SEAT / VW /Audi with reference to when they may be doing an update on the software.

I'm not hope full at this stage of them ever doing anything. But we shall have to wait and see; as I have always said seeing is believing. :biglaugh: