PDA

View Full Version : Just about to buy

MGpaulie
18-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi All, 2nd post on here but been lurking for a bit doing some reccie. I'm just about to buy a 2010 A3 2.0 TDi 5 dr. Some Q's for anyone who knows anything about them.

1. Start/Stop technology - how do you get on with it? Is it strange? Good thing or bad thing? Can it be disabled?

2. Is there any major differences between 19. & 2.0 TDi engines - e.g. reliability?

3. In general are there any things to watch out for with these cars (currently driving an MG ZT and whilst a great car it does have it's foibles)

Thx

Paul

tlionhart
18-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Hi there. Answer to your questions are;

1. Its annoying at first, but you get used to it. Turns out to be a very useful fuel save. In addition to that you can easily disable it by simply pressing a button located above the a/con unit.

2. Sorry don't know

3. In regards to 'problems'. Luck of the draw. Some get bad experiences and others get great ones. If anything did go wrong you get a warranty. More to the point though, is ride comfort. It depends which type of model you are going for. SE and SPORT offer comfortable style of ride whereas the S-line overs a hard ride, which feels most things on the road. However you do get the sporty design extras that you don't get with the sport or SE. I prefer the S-line. An S-line maybe your preferred choice coming from a MG ZT. At the end of the day, its a test drive of the sport and sline which will solve this question.
Some foils you may get, but like with many cars are;
-creaking of certain plastics in the cabin. Just due to wear.
-leather like most leather, creases after about 6000 miles or even less. Depends how you treat your car and products used to protect it.
-Seems to be a design fault with the handbrake touching the arm rest. When the handbrake is fully engaged up, and the arm rest fully down, they connect very easily. Leading to some of the leather on the handbrake to wear.

I've taken the car to audi once to have both xenon headlights changed. (weird spots appear inside the unit. However this seems to be a general prob on all A5, A4, R8, etc that have xenon/LED units) -However worth every penny when brought with the Sline trim! :D

Hope this helps!!