PDA

View Full Version : Question How often ?

belfastmark
17-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Ok Guys.
I would like to know how often you all wax and/or wash your prides of joy
I have just started using a hard wax and to be honest, I am not sure how often to do it.
I no longer use any of the well known brands of polish/liquid wax, you could say I have been converted !!!!
I would be gratefull for as much feedback on this as possible.
Thanks.

Lis
17-01-2011, 10:30 PM
In the summer - every 2/3 weeks, this time of year - not very often!

macmillions
17-01-2011, 10:37 PM
2-3 Weeks!!!???? You must have some serious guns during the summer months!

I did our Octavia in November http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=109137 and washed it for the first time since last week.

The salt and muck built up from the harsh weather literally just wiped off.

So I would suggest every 3 months really.

JON76
17-01-2011, 11:12 PM
I usually do a polish and wax twice a year, the last time I did it was September and the water is still beading off nicely. In between the twice yearly wax a fortnightly wash with Autoglym shampoo keeps it good.

itsonlyme
22-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Wash once a week de-tar if required and a quick detail polish every two/three months under wheel-arches, wheels removed washed and polished engine bay de-greased and detailed, bodywork polished and waxed with a hard wax then stand back and admire.

belfastmark
22-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi
Just out of interest, what product do you use to freshen up the engine bay ?
I have been using Autosmart Finish which is great as when it is in a trigger bottle, you can get most of the engine, pipes etc, and sometimes Autoglym bumper gel, though just on the engine cover and battery box.

itsonlyme
23-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Try using snow-foam then rinse with pressure washer be carefull around electrics (wrap in plastic bags) then dry excess water off and spray with autoglym vinyl and rubber dressing.:D

paul b
26-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Wash once a fortnight or 3 weeks depending on usage, personally.

Full detail in the summer, then around February/March time it gets clayed and waxed (Collinite 476S) again.