PDA

View Full Version : A4 temp setting problem

nohope
27-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi all,
Just joined. Having a few probs with my a4 avant.

I should be able to set the temp to be the same on both sides by depressing the '+' and '-' buttons beneath the temp reading on drivers side to match the passenger side and vice versa. Doing this cause I just want one temp in cabin. Well, it only worked a few times. I hold down the buttons for a few seconds on both sides but I cannot get temp setting to sync. Anyone had this? Presume its a fix at the dealer jobby?

I love my a4 avant but its not as good as I expected sadly. Plenty of rattles and squeaks in the roof. This prob with the temperature, bluetooth doesnt recognise new phones, exterio door handle on drivers side fell off and sound from stereo goes up and down by its own accord. I bought the car brand new. Its odd as I have come from owning Alfas for years and my previous 156 didnt give any build or reliabilty probs. And Audi are looking for £380 for the first service!! Oh well, still nice to own one. :)

Desdesigner
27-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Have you tried to press and hold the drivers side 'Auto' button for a few seconds. This matches both temps on my '02 A4.

Many thanks

-Desdesigner

nohope
27-06-2007, 08:35 PM
worked! Thanks :beerchug:

Dont suppose you have a solution to this issue with the built-in bluetooth and new(er) phones?

r8rob
27-06-2007, 11:07 PM
when pairing up a phone it has to be done within the frist 5 mins of unlocking the car and ign on, after this time, the bluetooth will stop searching.

try this
ignition off
ignnition on
set phone to search for car
once found car
enter pin
and there you go all paired up.

the car will pair upto 4 mobiles, but will only connect to the most used or last used phone in the vehicle, if the most used one is not there is goes to the seccond... etc etc...

this will all work, assuming the phones your trying to connect are compatatble.

nohope
28-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Thats the problem r8rob, i dont think my new phone is compatible. I managed to get the bluetooth to pick up my phone but I cant then use the buttons on steering wheel to scan phonebook (it wont list it) or make calls.
Before finding this site, I've come across a number of discussions on the web with people complaining that their phones are not working proper with the built-in bluetooth.
I rang Audi UK and they told me there have been reports of compatibility problems. So am I to assume my new phone is too new for the bluetooth? Isn't there future-proofing built in to this technology?? Can Audi upgrade the firmware or otherwise to make new phones work? naturally, the bloke on the helpdesk in Audi had no clue. :(

r8rob
28-06-2007, 10:30 PM
unfortunatly audi cannot test every single phone available, and every phones compatability is different. esp new ones that are only just coming out. if your phone will pair up then you have call out and call in functions via the handset. but restricted functions, ie not being able to use multy function steering wheel.

Technically there is nothing wrong with the car or its bluetooth, as it works fine on fully compatable phones. full listings of phones and compatabilitys are avaliable from your dealer, or if you drop me an email i can prob forward one to you.

With regards to software upgrades, yes these can be avaliable as a new control unit with a higher software, but only if the phone is on the list, anything not on the list cannot be guarenteed. im not sure if the customer will have to cover costs as its not a manufacturing defect, and so cant be classed as warranty?

The list is updated regualry, so always worth checking it out.

nohope
29-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Cheers r8rob. I find this all this very odd. Surely they saw this coming? If what you are saying is correct, Audi installed some technology on the car that had a time limit on it. If we were to imagine the stereo would stop picking up radio stations, it would be totally ridiculous. So what I (and others) have been sold is a system that works when I buy it but probably not in a years time.

althommo
16-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Re: Radio sound going up and down of its own accord
Does it go up as you speed up and down when you slow?
If so it has a feature which allows you to set the radio and Cd this way.
Sorry but I can't rememver what its called but it can be accessed from the 'menu' (I thinl) button on the unit.
Alan

a8 tech
16-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Its called gala function which alters the volume in relation to vehicle speed

GH20TDI
17-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Thats the problem r8rob, i dont think my new phone is compatible. I managed to get the bluetooth to pick up my phone but I cant then use the buttons on steering wheel to scan phonebook (it wont list it) or make calls.
B

Are your numbers on the SIM memory or phone memory? I find that with my Nokia handsets it never picks up the phone memory numbers, only SIM card. That said, it only ever picks up a few numbers from my 6300 (and has jammed, and doesn't always dial..... not great actually).

It does work a treat with my wife's Sony!