PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 problems

Doug
27-06-2007, 03:02 PM
I own a 1997 Audi A4, with a 1.8L non-turbo engine.
I need new spark plugs, but here's the problem:
I purchased the car in Europe, drove it a few years there,
and then brought it to the US where I am now.

Unfortunately, the A4 non-turbo version has never been sold in
the US, and Audi-USA is completely clueless about replacement
parts.

Presumably the spark plugs and spark plug wires are not the
same as for the 1.8L turbo version (which is sold in the US)...

Is there any way to find out what replacement parts might be
both compatible and available in the US? I'm not averse to
ordering from the UK if need be..

Many thanks in advance,

Doug

Lex Luthor
27-06-2007, 03:32 PM
According to sparkplugs.co.uk you can use the same plugs as a 1.8T AEB engine in your ADR.

not impressed
01-07-2007, 02:06 PM
hi,i have a audi a4 1.9 tdi 110 bhp on a 97 plate.the glowplug light has been flashing at me for a couple of weeks now and now the car wont start at all.ive removed the glowplugs and cleaned them all up and ive serviced it.the car will run for about 2 seconds but dies straight away after.im at my wits end with this car ive had it 8 months and its the biggest p.o.s ive ever had it spends more time off the road than on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:zx11:

Dozz
01-07-2007, 06:19 PM
I'll think your find the light flashing means there could be a problem with the engine management not just the glow plugs your need to take it to somebody with vagcom or similar diagnostics

Fozmondo
05-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Flashing glow plug light can indicate a fault with the brake lights. Check the bulbs and the switch. As far as not running check the fuel cut off swtch or the fuel pump or the fuel filter
Hope this helps

supahoops
09-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi All

I have an 1996 AUdi A4 1.6SE, can anyone tell me where i can get a sump spanner, i havent had a good look yet but i have an obvious oil leak and first thing i was going to check was the sump :(

Thanks in advance.

Supahoops