PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a V6 Golf or Bora 4 motion?

v5paul
27-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Any info on running costs, performance, owning etc.

Thanks

v6dub
28-06-2007, 08:12 AM
I have golf v6 4motion, it is a bit more expensive to run than I was hoping, A service including a heldex oil and filter change. But without any work other then engine oil and filter and air filter and spark plugs, just a general service not from a vw was £360 and that was with me supplying my own heldex oil and filter and my own engine oil, The front disks and pads from VW was just under £500 (just change before I got the car last owner paid) Tires are expensive I use Continental Sport Contact they are about £150 each, I'm a careful driver I don’t toe it anywhere and I can only get 27Mpg. That’s none motorway driving

The performance is really good not that far from an R32 really. They pull hard in all gears right on up to 150mph, I have done a few long trips and its really nice to drive, seats are supportive and driving position is good I’m 6'2" and I have no problem and never have a bad back after a long drive. Everyone that I meet if I have my car with me comments on it and how good it is and how nice it looks. If you can put up with paying a bit more than you would for a lesser golf then I would get one.