PDA

View Full Version : Head Up display

shabazmo
14-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I have just seen an A7 with a head up display. Although I have not seen it working, I have seen the trim fitting of the unit on the dash and I think it seriously spoils the look of the interior. I am thinking of cancelling this item and perhaps going for a sunroof.
Can any wiser person help me with this decission.

Regards

shabazmo
17-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Too late for any changes. The dealership told me today that the build date is now week 6 and nochanges can be made. I hope the HUD is a super bit of kit and not just a gimmick.

Guest 2
17-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Going for a test drive on Saturday. According to the salesman, their demo is fully loaded so I might see the HUD. if I do, ill let you know what it's like.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shabazmo
17-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks Chris. Most of the Audi's I have seen in showrooms have come fully loaded and priced around the £55K to £65K mark. I have gone for the cheaper 2wd version retailing at £49.6K before discount, and hope it doesn't drive too differently to the 4wd. I would be interested to know how the car compares with your Le Mans version. Oh! and isn't you car due for replacement this year?

Guest 2
18-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks Chris. Most of the Audi's I have seen in showrooms have come fully loaded and priced around the £55K to £65K mark. I have gone for the cheaper 2wd version retailing at £49.6K before discount, and hope it doesn't drive too differently to the 4wd. I would be interested to know how the car compares with your Le Mans version. Oh! and isn't you car due for replacement this year?

If the car I will be driving is the car I think it is, it will be Oolong Grey with HUD. I take it you specced the 3.0tdi fwd then? I'm sure it won't drive that much different but the Quattro comes in handy when you're in sticky situations!

Yeah the C6 is being replaced by the C7. I think (and don't quote me on this) it's on the same chassis as the A7 so it may be interesting to see what's different.

My car will be 3 years old at the end of this month and have been looking to change to either an A7 or wait for the new A6. :confused: Will let you know how i get on on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shabazmo
18-01-2011, 09:04 PM
You are right, the chassis is the same. I think the cars will be identical in every way except the exterior shape and the standard kit. It will be interesting to see how cheaper the A6 will be once options are added to bring it up to the A7 spec