PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Side/parking light

godfried
13-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I have got the yellow bulb warning sign come up with the message: parking light drivers side not working. This is intermittent. Sometimes it is there and sometimes not. I want to inspect the bulb and connector but can not get the bulb out. Do you need to ''just yank the bulb socket out by the wires'' or ''twist the socket counter clockwise and than pull'' . I have tried both, using not too much force but it doesn't want to come out and I don't want to damage anything. What is the right way?

g-black
13-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Just give a sharp tug on the wires. Be a little forceful and it should release ok. There is a good length of wire on the side lights so you should be able to inspect it. There's only so long the 501 lights last.

rapport25
13-01-2011, 07:07 PM
As G Black has said :approve:

Is there any easier way than removing the 2 torx head screws in the wheel linning. As Im fed up with scratched wrists and trying to relocate the lower screws :aargh4:. On my previous car it was a lot easier all bulbs were changed from under the bonnet. Thats progress for you :biglaugh:.

Ref to lights have you contacted my friend about led lighting G Black?

godfried
13-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will give it a try. Hope I don't end up with torn wires.
It is a pain these 'modern' units and the handbook states to see the dealer when renewing a bulb. Wat's that all about?

g-black
13-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Interior or DRLs?! Interior is done long ago, and depending on how your DRLs look I'll decide what if I like!

johnloaderuk
13-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I have to admit I take the easy way out and use VW Express Fit

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/express-fit

rapport25
13-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Interior or DRLs?! Interior is done long ago, and depending on how your DRLs look I'll decide what if I like!

Only my friend had said he had an enquiry from this forum and the guy was from Ireland :Blush2:.

With ref to the drl's I had mentioned there may be interest and he thinks these will retail around the £299- £350 mark due to all the work involved.