PDA

View Full Version : Wont tickover hardly...

Bobert
27-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi

Ive got mk 3 golf 1.6cl. It wont hardly tickover, prefering to stall all the time. starting it this morning the only way to get the engine running was to make sure my right foot stays on the accelerator. coming up to junctions and so on, changing down a gear, the engine is always stalling, meaning either starting the engine while still in motion or changing to a lower gear and bring the clutch up.

It seems to be a intermitent (spell) fault thats been on and off, except recently its now doing it all the time, and getting from a to b has become a nightmare.

Any Ideas whats wrong?

Cheers

Rob

Eshrules
27-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi

Ive got mk 3 golf 1.6cl. It wont hardly tickover, prefering to stall all the time. starting it this morning the only way to get the engine running was to make sure my right foot stays on the accelerator. coming up to junctions and so on, changing down a gear, the engine is always stalling, meaning either starting the engine while still in motion or changing to a lower gear and bring the clutch up.

It seems to be a intermitent (spell) fault thats been on and off, except recently its now doing it all the time, and getting from a to b has become a nightmare.

Any Ideas whats wrong?

Cheers

Rob

try a search ;) it is your friend.....

just a quckie though, i think this could be the idle control valve/carb, there has been a recent similar post, take a look through the golf section, im sure youll find your answer ;):beerchug:

Bobert
27-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the quick reply

Search turned out to be my friend, and found that topic with the golf with the exact same problems as mine.

Cheers